Indian 920 corner

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Why Can't I attach a Video File in Whatsapp, it only attaches video which has to be recorded on the spot.. I can browse the file Location but it does not show my video to select.
I uploaded a video on Skydrive, now I can't attach it in WhatsApp, not can I share that video in any other manner (Email, message, etc). The Only option it gives is Delete.. Help someone !

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Why Can't I attach a Video File in Whatsapp, it only attaches video which has to be recorded on the spot.. I can browse the file Location but it does not show my video to select.
I uploaded a video on Skydrive, now I can't attach it in WhatsApp, not can I share that video in any other manner (Email, message, etc). The Only option it gives is Delete.. Help someone !

in wp 7 whatsapp , one cant send recorded / saved videos. Only videos recorded at the moment could be sent. Hopefully the wp8 version coming soon could do this, fingers crossed.
You can send copy the video link from skydrive and share it anywhere given the file should be allowed to be shared. Simple way is from photo. Hub, upload video directly to skydrive. It will come in mobile upload folder. Open skydrive app, and go to that file and longpress it, you will find many option along with copy the link.......
Case solved

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
TIP:- you guys must be unaware of it. The headset provided to you can do much more than just making call, here is a brief-
Press the button on it for once- pause/ play song
Pressing two times will play next song, pressing three times will play previous, and 4 times will replay same song from start. These function will also work when phone is locked.
Apart from music control, you can press the button to answer call, and to start speech input mode on your phone. (not sure if speech command will work in locked mode or not, but on wp7.8 it do not work, maybe its a bug, can anyone confirm on wp8?)
Try these now, and like if you were unaware about it......

harsharockzzz

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
TIP:- you guys must be unaware of it. The headset provided to you can do much more than just making call, here is a brief-
Press the button on it for once- pause/ play song
Pressing two times will play next song, pressing three times will play previous, and 4 times will replay same song from start. These function will also work when phone is locked.
Apart from music control, you can press the button to answer call, and to start speech input mode on your phone. (not sure if speech command will work in locked mode or not, but on wp7.8 it do not work, maybe its a bug, can anyone confirm on wp8?)
Try these now, and like if you were unaware about it......

You Hold the Button for long, the speech command starts

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I bought the black 920 a couple of days back. But I can't seem to get 3g going. It worked fine on my previous phone, but in the 920 it sticks to EDGE. I tried manually putting in the apn settings and restarting but still no use. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on Vodafone in Bangalore.

Muthuswamys

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm still waiting to get my hands on a yellow lumia 920 in bangalore though I had done a pre-booking for it from the NPD in BTM :unhappy:
Any news on new stock?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I bought the black 920 a couple of days back. But I can't seem to get 3g going. It worked fine on my previous phone, but in the 920 it sticks to EDGE. I tried manually putting in the apn settings and restarting but still no use. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on Vodafone in Bangalore.
go to settings, mobile network, and see if highest connection speed is turned to 3g. if still no Good, its your area network problem!!!
Case Solved...

aka P

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp hogging away all the battery life?
Press the volume button and tap on the streaming icon ((.)) it takes you to whatsapp, right? This is because whatsapp uses the sound streaming service to keep itself 'alive'. This = Battery hog! Use 'Stop the Music!' app to completely stop WhatsApp from operating after you exit the app.
Give it a try, check if the battery life improves and pop in your views!
The app can be found -h-e-r-e-> Stop the Music! | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Whatsapp is a battery hog on Lumia 920. Apparently, for whatsapp to work in the background it needs to use audio streaming API. Only trusted developers would be given the access run the apps in the background. Whatsapp has no way to work around this but to use Audio streaming... I hate to know it, but unfortunately, I need whatsapp. So sort of living with battery drain for now... Without whatsapp my battery used to last more than a day... Now half a day.

I did another interesting test with Skype. It does work in the background, but unlike Whatsapp it uses push notifications. Skypes stores the users status online on its servers. As soon as it gets some activity for a particular user it uses the push notification to activate the Skype program on the phone. So Skype is not always connected to the server like Whatsapp. Unfortunately, it has other bug issues related to syncing the contacts which was the reason behind battery drain complaints. Interestingly, the idea of Skype's background functioning is good, but the way it is behind handled is riddled with many technical glitches like network connectivity and push notification server functionality...

Well, bottom line, WP 8 is no way close to Symbian in multi-tasking. I was under the opinion that once NT kernel is ported it would be good at handling multi tasking... but still it is the same as WP 7.5. A little better but needs a drastic change. In fact, I'm really pissed with its fast switching. Like I open an app, minimize it and open it again, it takes about 10-20 secs depending on the app type to open it on the screen... What kind of multi-tasking is this? Common MS you can do lot better. Especially, minimizing skype and open is so annoying as it tries to establish contact with server before it even shows you anything on the screen.

For now there is no good messenger for WP. Or I can say there is not efficient app or way to program an app to work in the background with minimal resources. Still wonder, if MS gonna come out with some API's to sort this out. Or Nokia just did a big gamble to let MS deal with all the software. As I'm still looking for half the functionality of my Symbian based phone I used 5 years ago now :( I moved away from symbian for its clunkiness and UI, but functionality wise it was amazing. I need not reduce the volume of ringer to tone down my key pad dialer to begin with :p

Is MS getting all this I have no clue. But this not the way to build an ecosystem... Nothing is integrated and nothing works as promised. Where is the total integration with PC yet MS? Forget about instagram, atleast bring proper Skype. If MS cannot get Skype forget about bringing apps that can work in the background efficiently. End of rant... But MS seriously needs to listen. Or at least Nokia realizes to go with a different OS... If not for Nokia I wouldn't even had recommend this half baked OS to anyone... I'm just living with this agony.

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I like the WP OS for beautiful interface and Nokia hardware and apps but what you stated is ugly truth. MS need to do something quickly or Nokia should better use other platform (doesn't mean totally leaving WP)

lordashley

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm still waiting to get my hands on a yellow lumia 920 in bangalore though I had done a pre-booking for it from the NPD in BTM :unhappy:
Any news on new stock?

dude i too did my booking there got mine last week and let me tell you it rocks! NL920 yellow! is awesome! however the earphone in the box is equally bad ... i wont even pay 100 bucks for that crap. have to keep adjusting the wire to get the music right ....

in love with my lumia 920 baby

lordashley

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

had the same problem. get 3g activated. if already done. go to network and manually select the operator vodafone with 3g mentioned below it. else select airtel 3g .... Vodafone is using airtel 3g.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Which store is offering those airtel free 3g packs ? Is it for all lumia 920's ?

I remember seeing it in some store, is it univercell or sangeeta, hehe buying a black one this weekend!

varuen

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a serious issue on my lumia 920 with 3g signal, i have tried with both airtel & vodafone. for 2g signal it doesnt fluctuate but while in 3G it frequently fluctuate from 0 to 5 bar, and may be i have found that is the reason for massive battery drainage, my device last for 5 hours in 3g network with moderate use. please help. any one here facing this issue of network fluctuation in 3g network? In many forums i have found that the reception in lumia 920 is having the cause for this problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte