Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi everyone,
    it seems the matte cyan version is exclusive to AT&T and I mean not just in the US but worldwide. Is that really the case? I am looking for the unlocked/international version so even if various carriers in various countries don't have it, I thought at least the unlocked one would have all the colors available including cyan. If it is indeed exclusive to AT&T, then its really unfortunate and baffling, seeing as how popular cyan was with the 900.

I don't think it is technically exclusive to AT&T as announced (though I may be wrong on that), but as of now AT&T is the only carrier stocking and shipping the Cyan, so it is functionally exclusive

Of all the carrier "exclusives" that Nokia have done in the last year or so, this seems the most pointless. I am also waiting for a Lumia 920 but in Cyan. When I was visiting the States, an MS store said they would have access to Cyan's but obviously that was AT&T branded (maybe unlocked)

yeah, seems completely pointless and somewhat Apple-like move in a time when Nokia has to avoid even relatively minor issues like this. Surely AT&T couldnt have requested cyan exclusivity since non-US carriers are no competition to them and we know they have supply issues, but this could have only happened if there was a specific problem with the manufacturing of cyan plastic(highly unlikely) and even if that's the case, they should clarify the situation in my opinion.
    My guess is its somehow a little cheaper to produce the glossy ones, so they decided to pretend their "signature" cyan never existed and only after some "protests" in the very vocal american blogosphere AT&T got it. It's a shame really that the trick worked and not enough people are complaining now. I really really like the phone, but as silly as it may seem I just cant think of buying another color,because I feel like every time I would pick it up I will be reminded of the beautiful cyan that never came to be.
    Maybe I should email Mr. Elop? ;)

Let me know if you do Email Elop and if you get a reply....

Got bored waiting for Cyan 920, I got a 620 instead and will wait for MWC announcements...

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi Shankle,

Shame I only just saw this thread.

2 weeks ago when I wanted a 920, I saw the cyan one and fell in love. I'm from the UK and also came to the same conclusion that you have about AT&T research. I was nearly tempted to import one into the UK and *try* to get it unlocked.

In the end I thought that this would be a very bad investment choice, and went ahead and got a UK black unlocked model. I bought the CC-1043 official 'Cyan' case for it, which is now on the phone between my arms as I'm typing, and it looks beautiful. I know it's just a cover, but you honestly can't tell - and neither can anyone else. It just fits so snug and looks the part.
    Thanked by: