Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can someone please tell me what and why do I get this strange notification sound whenever I place my phone flat on a surface??? It stops immediately on picking up phone, and immediately starts again when i lay it down. It can happen dozens of times at one go (if i pick and lie it down repeatedly)

I have this problem yesterday.

But it didn't happen today!!

Do you have top to send switched off. I had the same problem when this was left on, every time I placed the phone on my wallet it makes a sound like the echo they use on a submarine.
    Have not had the same problem since I switched it off.

right....i am not sure, it happens randomly, sometimes it happens non-stop, sometimes not at all. I will try to disable tap and send the next time and see if it immediately stops

Quote Originally Posted by camptime View Post
    Do you have top to send switched off. I had the same problem when this was left on, every time I placed the phone on my wallet it makes a sound like the echo they use on a submarine.
    Have not had the same problem since I switched it off.
    do you, by chance have a NFC enabled card in your wallet? you may not even know it. Any of your credit or debit cards have tap to pay? If so, they could be activating the NFC sensor in your phone when you place it on your wallet. I have my wireless charger hidden and if I mis-align the phone, it will chirp continuously until I straighten it out. I think it is because it is close enough to trigger the NFC sensor, but not close enough to start charging.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok. So it seems that whenever I place my phone against a card with NFC enabled, I get this strange sound. It's been happening for months and I could never figure out why!
    At least now I know. I don't really care, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!