Got my 920 today!

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty happy, I finally got my Nokia Lumia 920 today. Got it from Best Buy for $40(price matched from Fry's). They only carried black but that is fine with me. I can get a case to change the look.

So far I don't notice any of the problems listed on these forums. But it's early yet.

The battery died really quickly today but it started out at only 35%. It's on the charger right now.

Also I am used to my Samsung Focus where the power switch is on top of the volume rocker. I find it really weird that they put it where they did.

*happy dance*

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am hopefully gettting mine tomorrow I hope I bought a 900 about 6 months ago and decided to wait I hoped as long as I could and maybe hold out until summer and see what next gen phones would be but I got a deal on ebay on a new white one I just could nt pass up. It shipped fom Edmond OK to OKC to Little Rock passing almost through Ft Smith where I live now it will come back to Ft Smith. I am used to the button arrangement and will be happy to get the usb port on the bottom. They have somegeneric cradlkes (non wireless) that willwork with the 920 but I am looking to fiond one online Cradle like not the horizontal plare.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty happy, I finally got my Nokia Lumia 920 today. ...
Also I am used to my Samsung Focus where the power switch is on top of the volume rocker. I find it really weird that they put it where they did.

*happy dance*

I'm actually a huge fan if having the power button on the side. Took me a while to get used to it, but now it just makes more sense to be able to wake or sleep the phone without having to move my hand to the top.

Oh, and Congrats!

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. As for the battery, I would suggest draining it all the way down until it is dead and then doing a recharge overnight. Helps tremendously in terms of consistent battery performance.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty happy, I finally got my Nokia Lumia 920 today. Got it from Best Buy for $40(price matched from Fry's). They only carried black but that is fine with me. I can get a case to change the look.

So far I don't notice any of the problems listed on these forums. But it's early yet.

The battery died really quickly today but it started out at only 35%. It's on the charger right now.

*happy dance*
Haha YAY congrats, I'm also a Focus→Lumia 920 Windows Phoner. So I understand what you mean, but trust me, the volume buttons are easy to get used to, and I find it the better placement cuz it's easier to use your phone with one hand. And also that leaves the other side completely buttonless and it's kinda nice looking. I find the power button the weirder one but oh well~ awesome phone nonetheless

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. As for the battery, I would suggest draining it all the way down until it is dead and then doing a recharge overnight. Helps tremendously in terms of consistent battery performance.
But then after that remember to top off battery usually, you don't have to drain your battery every time you charge. I charge my phone very often now and it's working great

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well today I took my phone off its charger at 10am.it shut itself off at 3pm and I barely used it today. It's on the charger now.

Been looking through the battery issue threads. Already did a hard reset after I got the phone and updating it to Portico (I think it is portico unless they have released other patches which it auto found).

Most everything is turned off (defeats then purpose of the phone imo).

Will keep messing with it.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Get a screen protector

These things seem really scratch prone (i've had 3 smart phones before this and this is already more scratched than any of the previous)

Yet I've had absolutely none and these things have videos where they go at it with a knife.

bovcrx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You lucky dogs on ATT. I really want a 920 but don't wanna leave t-mobile cuz I'm on my friends employee plan. If she ever leaves I'll end up on att

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You lucky dogs on ATT. I really want a 920 but don't wanna leave t-mobile cuz I'm on my friends employee plan. If she ever leaves I'll end up on att

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I hate ATT but my parents are stubborn and brand loyal even though they aren't thrilled with att either.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Eh, ATT isn't totally bad... They don't have unlimited data anymore, but other than that - they're ok, especially if you can apply your corporate/school discount to your monthly fee through ATT Premier account (I managed to get access to my old university e-mail account, which allowed me to get like 12% off off my monthly fee, not a lot but still better than nothing).

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i actually called ATT and asked about the unlimited data for my phone and i get to keep my existing plan with unlimited data. we will see when the phone shows up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo