01-10-2013, 02:21 AM #1
- 196 Posts
Anyone experiencing a lot of smudges on your 920 screen? It smudges a lot for me and sometimes I'm not able to swipe smoothly. This happens even after I wipe the screen clean and my hands are clean as well. The smallest sign of sweat on my hands makes it difficult to swipe on the screen. Should I get a screen protector? Any recommendations?
- 01-10-2013, 03:36 AM #2
From my experience it's much more oleophobic than the previous Lumia 900/800. Just swipe it across your shirt and you'll see the smudges go away instantly. If it's really smudgey it might've built up over time, I'd try a little bit of windex using a microfiber cloth to clean it up and it should be clean for a while.
- 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM #4
If you can't swipe smoothly and the glass is "catching" on your hands, like it's too grippy, that usually means both the phone and your hands are too "sterilized". Human skin produces a natural oil that makes it smooth to the touch, which helps with "gliding" through smooth surfaces when touching them "ie touchscreens". If you've just recently soaped and rinsed your hands clean and wiped it dry, that oil is absent resulting in a "grippy" skin texture which hinders usage of such devices. This is especially true when trying to do swiping gestures, something that WP relies heavily upon.
TLDR: It's naturally harder to use touchscreens after you've just washed your hands.
- By Slaador in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 72Last Post: 05-21-2015, 05:59 AM
- By Charles E Packard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 171Last Post: 09-06-2014, 07:22 AM
- By GreatSaski in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 12-05-2013, 06:27 AM
- By MAERSK in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
- By mtsmedly in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 09-25-2012, 06:13 PM