Lumia 920 screen smudge

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing a lot of smudges on your 920 screen? It smudges a lot for me and sometimes I'm not able to swipe smoothly. This happens even after I wipe the screen clean and my hands are clean as well. The smallest sign of sweat on my hands makes it difficult to swipe on the screen. Should I get a screen protector? Any recommendations?

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
From my experience it's much more oleophobic than the previous Lumia 900/800. Just swipe it across your shirt and you'll see the smudges go away instantly. If it's really smudgey it might've built up over time, I'd try a little bit of windex using a microfiber cloth to clean it up and it should be clean for a while.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the smudges but what really annoys me is not being able to swipe smoothly. The smudges come off easily everytime I put it back in my pocket.

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If you can't swipe smoothly and the glass is "catching" on your hands, like it's too grippy, that usually means both the phone and your hands are too "sterilized". Human skin produces a natural oil that makes it smooth to the touch, which helps with "gliding" through smooth surfaces when touching them "ie touchscreens". If you've just recently soaped and rinsed your hands clean and wiped it dry, that oil is absent resulting in a "grippy" skin texture which hinders usage of such devices. This is especially true when trying to do swiping gestures, something that WP relies heavily upon.

TLDR: It's naturally harder to use touchscreens after you've just washed your hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos