Lumia 920 loose network

Moola

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
My phone keeps loosing network and can not reconnect on its own. I have to switch the power off and then back on again. This happens every 5 minutes.
Has anyone got had the same problems before?

pravindingore

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check you sim card. i did gave this problem with my lumia 800. actually, my earlier phone (Nokia E5) does not requires micro sim. while switching to lumia, at local nokia priority center (IND) they cut down existing sim to micro size. And, problem started. then, i got my sim card replaced which resolves the issue

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue, I blame the EE (UK) network though. Try phoning you mobile network and saying the issue they may reset the sim card.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
i'm also on EE UK (orange) and face the same problem with my phone too. I used to be able to get strong 3G or H in my area, but just a few days back, it dropped down to a single bar of 2G (E) and then disconnects off the network. Tried resetting the phone, reflashing firmware, updating to EE portico firmware and then downgrading as well, but not working, now i can't restore from my MS account because there's no internet connection. masive fail

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear that is not good at all. Well I am going to contact orange tomorrow/ tonight for mine and see what they say about it. sadly the signal orange uses does not go through walls very good and that's why it can be bad.
when orange was on their own no issues but ever since this EE started I have had no end of issues. even on my HTC titan.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
haha, I just hope is not a phone problem, i don't want to send my phone in for service. I've had problems with orange for quite a while my phone was giving an invalid SIM notification last time and had to change to a new SIM. I went into an EE store to get the SIM changed and they told me to call 150 before coming in, I was like HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO CALL IF MY SIM IS INVALID???

Anyway hope you get to solve your problems with them, and post back here and help me out :)

Cheers :D

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i'm also on EE UK (orange) and face the same problem with my phone too. I used to be able to get strong 3G or H in my area, but just a few days back, it dropped down to a single bar of 2G (E) and then disconnects off the network. Tried resetting the phone, reflashing firmware, updating to EE portico firmware and then downgrading as well, but not working, now i can't restore from my MS account because there's no internet connection. masive fail

What's wrong with WiFi to restore your account?

Also, why did you reflash Portico!? You just invalidated your warranty if you're in the UK, what with the fact that Nokia haven't released an officially supported version of Portico outside of ATT and Rogers users yet...

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with WiFi to restore your account?

Also, why did you reflash Portico!? You just invalidated your warranty if you're in the UK, what with the fact that Nokia haven't released an officially supported version of Portico outside of ATT and Rogers users yet...

You won't be able to restore if you can't sign-in to your MS account at setup and there is no option to log on to wifi networks before signing in. there is no way to restore after you reach the homescreen as well. As stated earlier, my cell data had problems, no signal at all, even calls can't come thru so I couldn't restore. Anyway later I managed to get a weak cell signal and restored successfully.

As for the OS, flashed the EE portico ROM that was up 2 weeks back to check whether it was the OS. It did not solve the no cell signal problems, so I just flashed back to stock v3011. checked my warranty stats online and its still valid. you can check warranty status here: http://www.nokia.com/wal/warranty/index?locale=en_GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3