920 Continuing battery drain issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I too have found WIFI drains the battery more than LTE, however if you're LTE connection isn't the best it will drain the battery like crazy. I can also hear buzzing through my desktop speakers every 30 - 60 seconds, something is obvious running in the background. All the programs should select the most efficient signal/setting available when the phone is in standby, WIFI should also be turned off unless you select the always on option. IMHO this would fix many of the ongoing Battery issues. It's also clear WP8 isn't very efficient for some reason, a better update than Portico could resolve this issue as well.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Battery sucks, I use to be on the other end of saying if you turn this off and your battery last a long time. However, today I needed to have the brightness on medium, I needed to use GPS and I was sending texts and using the internet. Phone was down from 76% to 27% in 4 hours with 1 hour estimated remaining. Talk about rough.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If you are using AT&T contact them and tell them. They'll send you a new phone and it should clear things up. I got a phone on launch day and had a lot of battery problems. Just got a new replacement from AT&T this week, sent them my old one and this new one has been perfect

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Battery sucks, I use to be on the other end of saying if you turn this off and your battery last a long time. However, today I needed to have the brightness on medium, I needed to use GPS and I was sending texts and using the internet. Phone was down from 76% to 27% in 4 hours with 1 hour estimated remaining. Talk about rough.

ok 50% battery drain over 4 hours whilst using GPS internet and texting doesn't sound bad actually. implying that the phone would last 8 hours with intensive use.. what are you expecting?

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For me WIFI is a problem... it drains battery quickly, on Stand-by time battery lose 10%-15% per hour... even wifi is not available and wifi icon is on it drain battery quickly upto 10%+... in last 2 day i turn off wifi and switch on if only needed... this method give more battery usage than before...

uncheck everything in the wifi advanced options

tositem

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My battery was excellent before portico update. Now it sucks! I lost up to 18% of battery just within an hour with wifi off & data turned off (i use my lumia as secondary device) - this is so weird!

tositem

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Update: i uninstalled Nokia Drive+, and my battery life's back to rejoyce! Been an hour listening to music via wired earphone and browsing for about 20mins and it only ate 2% of my sexy black lumia! :D

Sklib

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine has had some awful battery issues for about the past month, but they've really picked up this week.

I got the phone back in November and had no major battery issues with it, but I noticed every once in a blue moon the phone would lose its charge overnight and I'd wake up with a dead phone. Missed a few classes because of this so I wasn't too happy. I left my charging plate on my desk and would typically just leave my phone on it when I was doing homework or whatever, then put the phone on my nightstand while I was sleeping (where it would NOT be charging).

However, the past FIVE days in a row I've woken up with a dead phone. I've tried disabling apps and all that jazz, but it's weird that this seems to be such a recent phenomenon that I never had issues with. I'm going to wait it out another week but if I continue to have a phone that can't last seven hours when the screen isn't even on, Nokia's gonna get an earful.

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 since Nov 2012. The battery was great, had tons of power left at the end of the day. Now my battery is drained before 7PM and nothing has changed use wise. The only thing that changed is instead of dragging and dropping music, I downloaded all music I had in the iTunes store. I also updated several apps. One of these things is completely draining my battery. I know one of the apps that was updated was Nokia Drive beta. Which is a horrible app, it gives the wrong turns. I have deleted that app along with many other apps trying to figure out what is draining my battery all of a sudden. I have no background tasks on. I have now gotten rid of all the music that was downloaded from iTunes. I used iTunes, because that drag and drop method is horrible. No album art, and it just sucks IMO. They need Zune back. Zune was great with my Samsung WP7 (Focus). I cannot believe that Microsoft got rid of it.

Later.......

All of my music from iTunes was draining my battery!!! Why? Is it because I had maxed out my memory or is it because that music is in .m4a format instead of mp3? After I got rid of all my music from iTunes, my phone went back to normal battery use. When I had dragged and dropped music from my PC that was in mp3 format to my Lumia 920 I had no issues. Has anyone else found this problem?

Last edited:

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain problem by nokia Drivers is confirmed. I did manage it somehow blocking background nokia drive task. Same problem gave me Skype, I was forced to uninstall it completely. Right Now with moderate usage ( all time 3G on, viber active in the background, 1,5 hour of www, 0,5 hour comunicator, gmail and Facebook synchronization ) I get 10 hours of Battery live which is comparable to my android dvices ( optimus 4x hd, xperia Arc s) and normal.

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
All of my music from iTunes was draining my battery!!! Why? Is it because I had maxed out my memory or is it because that music is in .m4a format instead of mp3? After I got rid of all my music from iTunes, my phone went back to normal battery use. When I had dragged and dropped music from my PC that was in mp3 format to my Lumia 920 I had no issues. Has anyone else found this problem?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The last Skype update started killing my battery. My battery was **** before the update, but after the phone was getting really hot while browsing the net and I actually lost about 40% charge from a 20~30min phone conversation (non-Skype)! Uninstalled Skype, and now battery is back to its ho-hum ****ty mediocre self.

LOL, 1.5 years is so far away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3