Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have configured 2 gmail accounts on my Lumia 920. My primary mail account (which is actually my contacts source as well) doesn't have this issue. However, my secondary gmail account which i added directly into the mail app has 2 weird issues

- whenever i delete a message, the message is labeled as "deleted" on my Gmail. Probably its because of some IMAP settings. Not a big issue
    - Whenever i send a message from my secondary gmail account, I see that on my Gmail account (not on phone) that message is sent twice. This is something which is annoying me.

Any help ?

Not sure about the double sending but you can tell Gmail what to do when you do a delete via imap in gmails settings on the site not on the phone.
    I would also consider using Exchange rather then imap before google gives up support at the end of the month, its faster and more light.

Quote Originally Posted by x509 View Post
    - Whenever i send a message from my secondary gmail account, I see that on my Gmail account (not on phone) that message is sent twice. This is something which is annoying me.

Any help ?
    this is happening to me too. I am using only one gmail account.

Quote Originally Posted by l33tish View Post
    Not sure about the double sending but you can tell Gmail what to do when you do a delete via imap in gmails settings on the site not on the phone.
    I would also consider using Exchange rather then imap before google gives up support at the end of the month, its faster and more light.
    I know thats why i said that labeling isn't a big issue. I actually didn't even bother about it though i had concern since EMail setup should have asked what to do on delete rather deciding by itself.

To be honest, I am hating Lumia 920 day by day. I have been an android user for last 3 years and decided to move to Lumia 920 because of its amazing hardware. But the dev community sucks and there is no Google apps support. My google drive, picasa, maps history, everything is gone.

Is it actually sending two emails, or do duplicate mails show up in the sent folder? I had the latter, see here: Windows Phone 8 generates duplicate gmail messages in sent folder - Microsoft Community. No solution yet.

Probably its the case.

so there is no fix for this yet ?

Not that I know, but if enough people hit the 'me too' button on that report (or on a similar one that has more 'me toos'), they might investigate. In the meantime I have moved to outlook.com, I guess that's one way to resolve it.

Same thing here.
    BTW, where is the me too button? I saw such buttons on answers.microsoft.com, but not here.
    Actually I wonder who developed the app, Google, Nokia or Microsoft? Maybe we should complain to the developer.

I had the same issue. Mail was not really sent twice, but popped up in my sent items folder twice.
    I added Calendar to the sync settings (I don't use Google calendar). Then it started to reconfigure Google mail. Problem solved!
    Strange Microsoft doesn't provide this solution; found this issue in forums of 2009 already!

Im getting 2 identical incoming emailsAnnoying Any solutions ?Tia

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Having same problems but problem is not lumia phone but gmail and I do not know how to solve it. If I send mail from phone it shows twice on my gmail account on PC, mail is not actually sent twice.