- 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM #1
I was trying to take a photo of a power brick close up to get all the relative info off of it. Of course, not great light so I wanted to use the flash at an angle, but every time (9-10, persistence is insanity) the flash would not sync up to when the picture was taken. It was probably about 6-10" away. Its not the first time its happened but the most frustrating to have to find "studio" lights (LED keychain) to light it up.
I have the Portico update and was just wondering if this is a common thing or a one-off problem with it being closer on.
- 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM #2
Are you sure Flash is on?
Sounds like a dumb question but the 920 uses what's called a Focus Assist Light. The FAL is on by default and kicks in during low light situations. First the light comes on and then the picture is taken. Perhaps that is what you're seeing.
- 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM #3
Yep tried it with both auto and on and off, through the native settings and camera pro, it's just something about taking close pictures that seems to throw it off. Though I haven't tried taking the FAL off and trying. Also this was also all done in close-up/macro mode.
03-22-2013, 03:09 AM #6
- 1 Posts
i got the exact same problem on my Lumia 820 lately. As well I tried to take picture of a datasheet in dark room and the flash is just tiny bit to fast for the camera shutter to follow up.
I wonder if this because of some updates or hardware failure.
Unfortunately this is the only search results I found for that problem so far...very annoying.
- By rabit1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:09 AM
- By Wei Wei in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
- By cedarlog in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM
- By bear_lx in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM
- By mango.lover in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 12Last Post: 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM