- 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM #1
I recently purchased a Lumia 920 and had problems with it. I gave it to Nokia for repair and they have now sent a new one. Everything looked fine up until I tried making a call. The call went through but I can't hear anything at all. Not even the dialler! When I put the phone on speaker then I can hear everything but from the handset nothing! Has anybody else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Don't want to send the phone back in after just receiving it. I need it for my work :/
01-10-2013, 05:05 PM #2
- 138 Posts
Sounds like its behaving as if the headset is plugged in, try inserting and removing the headset jack plug a few times, it might be the contacts inside the phone headset socket stuck open and not making contact......nothing to lose by trying this.
01-10-2013, 08:44 PM #8
- 484 Posts
Call Nokia... they may send you a replacement while you're shipping the one with the speaker problem back.
Or better yet, send you a replacement with a return label for the other.
Almost sounds as if the earpiece got disconnected. Why did you send it to Nokia to begin with? Maybe a tech goofed when re-assembling the phone?
- 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM #9
i am having somtehing similar. on my 920 if i listen to music through the headsets and i recieve a call the phone rings but when i pick no sound comes out or turns on the speaker option. then when i attempt to return the call i cant hear the dialer or anything else for that matter. i always have to restart my phone.
- 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM #10
- By poddie in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 15Last Post: 11-20-2012, 04:31 PM
- By freestaterocker in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 8Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:59 PM
- By dkp23 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
- By ericreinhardt in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
- By JackB03 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM