Landscape lock for Nokia 920

fieldsy1024

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a landscape lock for the 920? I tried looking at every setting and couldn't find it. If there isn't then thats pretty crappy of Nokia....

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sadly there's no global orientation lock... Some apps do have this feature, but most don't. One of the things I really miss after switching from my iPhone...

Guus2

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
We NEED landscape lock, I already made a topic about this subject in the past. It's really stupid that this isn't included in Windows Phone 8. I hope that there will be a fix soon....

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it sucks because I like to read and play around on my phone before while laying down. Hope they implement one soon

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that would be a Microsoft (WP8) thing, not a Nokia thing. It's an OS control that overrides the orientation for every app. I'll bet that's pretty low on the priority list for new features, and I doubt devs can access system-level resources like that to make an app for it, so you'd probably be better off writing to the app devs that write whatever apps you want locked and ask that they include an orientation lock feature.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that would be a Microsoft (WP8) thing, not a Nokia thing. It's an OS control that overrides the orientation for every app. I'll bet that's pretty low on the priority list for new features, and I doubt devs can access system-level resources like that to make an app for it, so you'd probably be better off writing to the app devs that write whatever apps you want locked and ask that they include an orientation lock feature.

Nokia Reading has an orientation lock so it's not a difficult thing to implement. If specific apps can utilise this feature then MS can implement it system wide.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Reading has an orientation lock so it's not a difficult thing to implement. If specific apps can utilise this feature then MS can implement it system wide.

Agreed, I was saying that they probably didn't make that level of control (system-wide orientation lock) available to 3rd party devs. Android has a few 3rd party apps in the marketplace that allow for system-wide rotation lock - they work well on some devices, but not others, and not all the time (typical Android annoyance).

MS could probably implement it very easily (assuming all current hardware mfrs use standard orientation sensor components), I'm just guessing it's not terribly high on their to-do list vs. other features users are still waiting for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes