Major native app problems following the recent Network update

PackLawyer

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So I installed a "Network" update today after being prompted to, and things have now gone haywire. I have no idea if the problems I'm having are related to the update, but I have so little to work on I decided to post here and see if anyone is having similar issues. If not, then maybe I've got some faulty hardware.

My biggest problem is when using any of the native apps on the phone, including email, messaging, the phone (including voicemail), camera, alarms, music and even accessing the settings menu. At times, the apps are completely inaccessible without a hard reset. Sometimes, if I turn the phone off while in one of the native apps, the screen will not turn back on, even though I can hear the click when I unlock the screen. After a moment, the phone may or may not come on. I know the ambient light sensor has caused problems, so I cleaned the screen, but nothing has changed.

At other times, if I'm at the Start screen and try to access a native app, the phone says it's "loading" then resets back to the Start screen. It will, however, load any third-party app, including Rowi, the NY Times and USA Today. Yet Messaging, all my email accounts and even the calendar refuse to load and simply reset me back to Start. I'm on my fifth hard reset, and I'm about to call ATT and get a warranty claim going, but figured I'd see if anyone else here has had similar issues and maybe has a possible fix.

If I could, I'd like to rollback the Network update and see if that's really the problem. It's frustrating, because I do love WP8 and this phone, but it's wearing on my nerves awful bad right now.

Thanks for any help. Even though I haven't posted yet, I've been using WP for more than a year now and love it, and I love this community.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Something weird happened to my wife's L920 also. We were rebooting for other reason and as it came up I noticed one email tile missing on the start screen and it immediately rebooted itself again. I then found the missing tile at the bottom of start screen on a different size.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So the apps wouldn't work until a hard (factory) reset (Settings>About>Reset Your Phone)? Or just a soft reset (hold power/vol down)? I find it hard to believe you suffered through 5 factory resets today.

PackLawyer

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You're right, I mistyped in the opening post. I've done five soft resets but no factory resets as of now. I'm attempting to avoid this, but I'm not sure I have the option right now. I have been working on it most of the evening and haven't been able to pin down a cause or solution.

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Def hard reset. I hard reset last night and bricked my 920. Be prepared to go to the sticky to flash your device. Not bad @ all though. Do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa