Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ok peoples so a few days ago I noticed my text message area freezing up. Would have to reboot my phone for it to be fixed. Now my phone doesn't do that but for some reason when I swipe the screen over to do Facebook chat its constantly telling me no one is online? I know there are though. I have to go through the app for fb and mail chat that way. Does anyone know of a fix possibly? Oh I have the Lumina 920 on att if that means anything. Thanks in advance ��

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    I'm sure you've already checked this but do you have Facebook chat turned on? Messaging > Menu > Settings > Facebook chat > On.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Go to settings and then to accounts and emails or whatever it's called. Does everything sync up completely or is something left hanging?

Yes Facebook chat is on. And I get emails with no issues. Also if I reboot my phone again doesn't matter still nothing on chat.

Did you find a fix or is the problem gone now? This happened to my lumia 920 today.

Actually yesterday I got it working again. But I had to for some reason start fresh with the logins and my email acct. Not new ones but password changes. Once I did that it magically worked. Even though my emails worked fine.

maybe your friend is sending you message instead of chat?

I am having the same problem on my Focus S and on my wife's Lumia 920. Both of us have the facebook chat turned on in our messenger settings, and we are both available. Any word on a solution?

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonG83 View Post
    I am having the same problem on my Focus S and on my wife's Lumia 920. Both of us have the facebook chat turned on in our messenger settings, and we are both available. Any word on a solution?
    There is currently a known issue with messaging and Facebook chat. MS are working with Facebook to try and resolve this issue.

https://status.live.com/