Lumia 920-Nokia Play 360 sync issues

Alberich60615

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

My first WP was the Lumia 900, for which I was gifted a Nokia Play 360 to play music through. The thing worked like a champ--good sound, easy to use, reasonable portable, and a battery that didn't know what it meant to stop. Now that I've upgraded to the Lumia 920, though, the Play 360 has become (at least wirelessly), a nice paperweight. The two devices recognize each other, no problem, and I watch the status go from "Not Connected" to "Connected" to "Connected Music" in about one second flat. Problem is, I start playing music on the phone, no sound comes out of the speaker. I don't think it's a purely volume-related issue, since the thing works fine when connected physically. I've really been itching to get a second speaker for the stereo effect, but until I can resolve this, it's a no-go. So, any of you wonderful people out there experienced this and found a solution? Or at least somebody out there smarter than me (let's set the bar low!) that can figure out what's going on? I'm afraid I'm just too far behind in understanding some of the technology out there... :unhappy:

Thanks!
Alberich

MonsterMag

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have tap and send enabled? My Play 360 connects just fine and I have BT and tap & send on. Check volume on speaker and your 920. Hope some of this helps.

Alberich60615

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have tap and send enabled? My Play 360 connects just fine and I have BT and tap & send on. Check volume on speaker and your 920. Hope some of this helps.

I gave that a shot, but no luck. Probably it's just something silly that I'm overlooking, but I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

Alberich60615

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Silly me, problem solved: For anyone else out there that's as tech-unsavvy as I was, it turns out that a simple reset of the speaker was enough to make it happy. I hope it plays well with it's adopted brother when he arrives...

Cheers!

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure they are BT connected? Is the power light on the 360 blue?
Verify your volume settings. I remember that on my original 920, the volume buttons on both the 920 and 360 were independent of each other....meaning I could raise the volume to max on the phone and then still increase it further on the 360. But, I always found that the 360's volume defaulted to 0 upon power up.
That's not the case anymore. On my current 920 whenever I raise the volume using the 360 buttons the volume indicator on the phone increases in tandem.

jrichlakers

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 and recently got two Nokia Play 360 speakers to use with it. I've had a huge problem with music cutting out constantly during playback on the speakers.

There's no problem getting my phone and speakers to pair, nor any problems getting music to play from the speakers. It's just that the performance has been terrible with the music constantly cutting out and then right back in over and over again. Seemingly every 10-20 seconds of playback.

The speakers work flawlessly with my Ipad 1 with none of this issue so I have no idea what's going on. Seems like it something specifically with the phone or something.

Has anyone had this issue or been able to fix it?
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes