Does using Wireless charging make a difference at all?

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to get some feedback before I make the decision of whether to purchase one or not. I have a Verizon 8x but Im asking this question here is because all 920 users have this feature versus the few of us Verizon 8x users who have wireless charging built in.

Now usually I only charge my phone at night while I am sleeping, so all I do is plug in the phone and lay it next to me. With wireless charging pad I would still have to plug it in the outlet and then place my phone over it, so it seems like its just an extra step. Do you guys think it wireless charging really makes a big difference or not in terms of ease of convenience?

Andreas H

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You plug it in once of course then leave it in the outlet. No extra steps there..
I think it's really nice with wireless charging and the accessories to come.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For me, I don't really see the benefit of having a wireless charger as I use my phone while charging and also its faster through cable.

Still a matter of personal preferences and the way u use the phone.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just realize that I needed the wireless charger. To me it's a benefit as you don't have to continue pulling and pushing the cord inside which I think messed up my USB port, from charging and disconnecting.

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, in terms of simplicity it makes a difference. I have one at home and one at work. It uses no power even if it is plugged in until the phone is charging. The battery is consistently topped off and I never bother about the battery indicator on the phone. Also allows me to do other things easily by just placing the phone on the pad and having it charge since it's not doing anything while I am doing other things or sleeping.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally find wireless charger very convenient - when it's time to charge my phone I simply place it on charging pad and walk away, no extra steps. I have no need to ever unplug it from the wall outlet, it is constantly plugged in - as others have said, it barely uses any power when not charging your phone. It also decreases the physical stress on the tiny USB connector on your phone (which gets worn out from all the constant plugging/unplugging of USB charging cable).

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Does using Wireless charging make a difference at all?

I will when I get my phone have wireless charger at work then I just can but my phone on it every time I sit down no hassle with plugging in like I have now.
Awesome feature IMO

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I have never liked micro usb connectors, and they get loose eventually. I have a HDD that I always have to fiddle with to keep the connection. For me, wireless charging is a great idea, as I only need to plug in the cable to sync media every once in a while.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Does using Wireless charging make a difference at all?

I have never liked micro usb connectors, and they get loose eventually. I have a HDD that I always have to fiddle with to keep the connection. For me, wireless charging is a great idea, as I only need to plug in the cable to sync media every once in a while.

Aye agree
BTW will buy one to have at hone two.

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I tested the charger's current draw.

When not charging my phone it consumes 0 Watts.
When charging, from what I remember it consumer 3 Watts. (it may have been 6, I did this weeks ago, but in either case not much)

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sv: Does using Wireless charging make a difference at all?

I have two and will buy more. Especially love the stand up dock, so my phone can be used as an always on alarm clock over night.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I love wireless charging now, the thought of going back to normal would make me sad ��

I have two plates and a stand currently.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the wireless, since my better half is usually sleeping and its a pain trying to plug into USB in the dark
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Ian Carroll

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough I've found that my battery lasts longer when I charge with the wireless charger vs the standard plug type. Could just be variations in use but I'm not going to argue with a longer battery life

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The feature is certainly convenient, not going to lie. However, as I told my sister, it's not worth the extra $50 for the charger. I just don't think someone is lazy to the extent that not plugging in a cable is worth $50.

That said, I'd also vote for the Lumia 822 over the 8X. My sister wanted the 8X, but after handling both at Verizon and asking me about their differences, she took the 822. The Nokia-exclusive apps matter (Nokia Music is great), and having the microSD slot is nice. That, and saving money is always a plus.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Initially I was using the wireless charger at home only to charge over nights, that?s make no sense because you only save one step per day, then I moved the charge to my workplace where I can charge my 8x while I?m on my desk, picking up the phone every time I walk out of the office, and battery is full almost all day with intermittent charging on my working hrs. so I never use any other charger the rest of the day/night. (Except on weekends when I notice low bat and I have to use my wife?s regular charger)

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It may seem pointless at first, but it is really convenient. I was hesitant at first but after a week of the wireless charging pad, I found it really useful. It is the future, get used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb