What's better for battery life: Outlook.com push or Google AES push

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Google Apps for businesses user for years. Lately, Google has been acting like a******s. I wouldn't mind switching from Google Apps to Outlook.com, although I've always been happy with GA. Anyway, what could really sweeten the deal for me would be a positive change in battery life.

Can anyone who made the switch say something about this has affected their battery life?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Since you are a google apps user, why not move to Outlook 365? not the outlook.com Since you are paying for Google Apps, Outlook 365 is about the same price and it has a very nice interface.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Since you are a google apps user, why not move to Outlook 365? not the outlook.com Since you are paying for Google Apps, Outlook 365 is about the same price and it has a very nice interface.
thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely check that out.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_224 using Board Express

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone else verify this? I switched from Gmail push to Outlook push and noticed a battery savings. This could just be due to other factors though ;)

Yes EAS used for both, but Gmail have stopped EAS support for new accounts. As for battery life being better in Outlook.com I'm not sure, perhaps due to the differences in how EAS is implemented with Gmail.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just migrated my Gmail accounts to outlook. The difference in battery life was huge. Had to charge the phone about twice a day with moderate use. Now I'm ending the day with 50% with only the first charge. Didn't know google sucked (power) that much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo