01-13-2013, 04:44 AM #1
- 19 Posts
Has anyone tried this with an unlocked international variant? I know that 1700mhz HSPA was initially listed and then removed off of many of the international websites (still is listed in my country). I'm traveling back to NA for a few months and want to get a prepaid tmobile SIM or Wind (Canada) SIM while I'm there for a few months.
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM #2
- 176 Posts
Yes. I use an rm-821 Lumia 920 (purchased unlocked/unbranded in Thailand) with T-Mobile USA.
There is no AWS support on the rm-821s, period. However I am in a T-Mobile refarm area and so get 5-10mbit 3G support on 1900MHz. (The only downside for me with an rm-821 is that when T-Mo gets LTE going, the rm-821 definitely won't work with it because rm-821 doesn't have North American LTE band support.)
From what I understand about WIND, it's AWS only and so rm-821 is a poor choice for WIND when you are in Canada. In the USA you could use either AT&T (anywhere) or T-Mobile (if you'll be in one of the many, and ever-expanding refarm areas).
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM #4
- 6 Posts
There is actually a method to enable AWS on devices with 'unlocked' Lumia 920 . Try this 2 links for the steps to proceed
[Q] How can I get AWS bands back on a bricked Rogers Lumia 920? - Page 4 - xda-developers
[FLASH] How to use NCS to change from RM-820 to RM-821 and vice versa - xda-developers
- By KoukiFC3S in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 220Last Post: 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM
- By doublesman3486 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
- By EG8196 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 11-01-2012, 05:29 AM
- By km99 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
- By Mathiew24 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM