Question for other AT&T 920 owners

DTSDude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Under Settings > extras+info , in the additional info section does your Manufacturer Model Name list as RM-820_nam_att_100 ?

I have one of those freezing/rebooting handsets and am trying to do everything I can to figure out if it's config vs bad phone.

DTSDude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, have reset the phone. It froze in the middle of setup right after the reset. I've tried removing apps. Now I'm on to config. Just a natural process of elimination.

As an aside having just got the handset it came with Portico pre-installed. After I did the reset it did not need the Portico update again which means AT&T isn't just updating the phones, they have a new build from MS that they are putting on the phones.

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Under Settings > extras+info , in the additional info section does your Manufacturer Model Name list as RM-820_nam_att_100 ?

I have one of those freezing/rebooting handsets and am trying to do everything I can to figure out if it's config vs bad phone.
I'm with AT&t and that's what my mine says. I used to have the rebooting issue, but that got resolved after the portico update.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Mine is [IRM-820_nam_att_100][/I]. Not having the freezing/rebooting issue thou. It did at first. But a soft reset took care of that. Last night I was watching a video on how to flash a bricked 920. The video guy did a soft reset. I've been doing it wrong. He held the volume down key, and the power key at the same time. (I do the same.) He held them down and the off slide screen came up. He continued to hold the buttons down until the unit shut down, vibrated, and the NOKIA screen came on. I've been stopping when the off slider screen came up. Sliding it to off. Then holding the volume down and power keys. That was late last night when I did that. My phone is behaving nicely this morning. Does set the volume down to zero thou. So volume up so you don't miss any calls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium