Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

Is there a way on WP8 to display the properties of photos and music tracks (e.g. date picture was taken, geo tag, aperture, bitrate for mp3 track, etc.)?

Long-press and menu don't provide this. This seems such an obvious feature. What am I missing?

Thanks.

there are a couple apps that do photos, photos+ is one that seems to work well, mp3 tags I am not sure of.

thanks for your quick reply. I tried to find photos+ but could only find an app that seems to be linked to Synology disk station (DS photos+). I couldn't find any suitable app in the store. Strange that it's not a standard feature to display media properties.

Photo Info shows jpeg EXIF data.

Thanks for the tip. Searching for EXIF helped and I found a number of apps including Photos+ spyderzWPC must have referred to.

Photos+ and Picture Info look nice, but for some strange reason, none of these apps show any date info. The date must be there since the photos are correctly allocated to the month in the WP8 gallery under date.

Quote Originally Posted by ohelvetos View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Searching for EXIF helped and I found a number of apps including Photos+ spyderzWPC must have referred to.

Photos+ and Picture Info look nice, but for some strange reason, none of these apps show any date info. The date must be there since the photos are correctly allocated to the month in the WP8 gallery under date.
    Photo Info does show the date. Just look at the All page.

no, it does not. None of the apps I tested show the date although all the other info is available. I suspect that my Lumia 920 might not store the date where these apps expect it to be.