01-14-2013, 07:37 PM #1
- 12 Posts
It does look like the Lumia 920 in India is a pentaband phone and unlocked. It also supports 9 LTE frequencies. Nokia has removed the info from the specs page but I have seen several reports online that the phone is a worldphone.
Last checked it does support T-mobile frequencies. Anyone purchased a phone from India and tried it on t-mobile usa ? I am contemplating buying one (though I have the att Lumia 920).
- 01-14-2013, 08:29 PM #2
The specs shown in your post for India are guaranteed to be wrong. The India model is rm821, right? If so then it will support quad-band UMTS and Euro LTE frequencies, just like all the other rm-821s (shown as "UK" in your post).
- 01-15-2013, 11:04 PM #4
- GSM 850
- GSM 900
- GSM 1800
- GSM 1900
- WCDMA Band V (850)
- WCDMA Band VIII (900)
- WCDMA Band II (1900)
- WCDMA Band I (2100)
- The website for india nokia lumia 920 mentioned these bands.and for LTE it says :
Data speed - Upload
- LTE Cat 3 - 50 Mbit/s
- HSUPA Cat 6 - 5.76 Mbit/s
Data speed - Download
- LTE Cat 3 - 100 Mbit/s
- HSDPA Cat 24 - 42.2 Mbit/s
- EGPRS MSC 12 - 236.8 kbit/s
Could you please tell me with these particular specifications to what extent will this phone work on Tmobile network?
- 01-16-2013, 12:29 AM #6
got this from an Indian NL 920 owner :" the manual says You can only use your device(NL920) on the LTE 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600; UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100; GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz networks."
Will the Indian NL 920 work on the TMO network i mean either 3g/HSPA/4g?
I am planning to buy this phone from india today itself, any suggestions on this front would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- 01-16-2013, 02:40 AM #7
TMO has 1700 Mhz for HSPA+ and 1900 MHz for GSM/EDGE
TMO has been moving HSPA+ from 1700 to make space for LTE and converting 1900 to GSM/HSPA+
So with the Indian Lumia 920(LTE 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600; UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100; GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz networks.) on TMO,
I think we can get HSPA+ but NOT LTE
Please correct me in my understanding if I am wrong here.
CES 2013: T-Mobile Places All Its Chips On LTE - Mobility -
- By Elton Jothi in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM
- By nimishprasad in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 15Last Post: 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM
- By dvasudreddy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
- By Faux Carnival in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 10-20-2012, 01:02 PM
- By Aldo Rubin in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2012, 02:27 AM