UK users who have manually done PORTICO update?

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've waded through the long threads but I'm specifically looking for UK users who've updated to Portico. In particular, people who bought from EE stores.

I'd like to do this update, mainly to correct camera issues, but there are worrying reports of so many side-effects, in particular battery.

Anyone care to share experiences? Thanks!

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery got better by a long way on mine,, still freezes in standby every few days but overall no difference except the H in connection status is now 3g+ and better battery

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I seriously think its better to wait for the official uk release of portico, it seems to me that where portico has been released elsewhere, it is still buggy and probably the reason why we've (uk) not received it yet.

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for both of these answers. At the moment I've only had one freeze on mine - blank screen from charge, required soft reset. So I'm thinking I may well hang around for the official update for the UK as all I've got to gain is camera improvement.

Though part of me thinks that these updates do no get altered for different releases. When it comes to our turn, we'll just get the same one as everyone else - complete with all the problems that will have been long discovered/dissected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss