GSM issues

bitstreamz

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I recently acquired a black L920 a few days ago. However since my sim was activated yesterday I have had the most frustrating experience where my phone shows that its lost all reception and it stays like that until I reboot the phone and its fine maybe for a few hours until the next time where it stops and then I have to reboot the phone. I am in a very good coverage both at work and home and once its rebooted it shows full reception. I haven't tried any other service providers or sim but I cant see that being the issue, has anyone else had a similar experience and if so what did you do to resolve the problem

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I recently acquired a black L920 a few days ago. However since my sim was activated yesterday I have had the most frustrating experience where my phone shows that its lost all reception and it stays like that until I reboot the phone and its fine maybe for a few hours until the next time where it stops and then I have to reboot the phone. I am in a very good coverage both at work and home and once its rebooted it shows full reception. I haven't tried any other service providers or sim but I cant see that being the issue, has anyone else had a similar experience and if so what did you do to resolve the problem

Have you checked that everything seems to be fine on the SIM tray? Do you have old SIM or do you take the SIM off and on often so the connectors on the SIM would be worn?

Have you tried hard reset?

bitstreamz

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Thank you for the response

I have only really reseated the sim tray once which is when I inserted the sim. The sim is brand new but what doesn't make sense to me is that it starts working perfectly fine when its powered down and then powered back up. I have tried when it happens to disable the GSM by enabling flight mode and then re enabling to see if that makes a difference but nothing.

When you say hard reset would you mean physically powering down the device?

bitstreamz

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi

someone else I know had the same issue and they resolved it by dropping the minmum speed to 3G. Surely this is a bug how whats the best way of logging this with nokia/microsoft

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same every now and then. Only fix for me is also to shut down and restart the phone.
Very anoying.
I also replaced my sim, thinking the old one (which was cut to to the micro size) was faulty.. guess not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb