Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

My first 920 I barely got 1 day and it shut off at least 3 times a week. Exchanged for a new one and it has been perfect........no random reboots and I typically get 2 days on a single charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    I charge mine during the night and then use it for 2 days (7am to around midnight the day after so around 41 hours), usually around 20-40% left by then depending on how much I used it and for what. If I am just in standby I can usually get it to use around 1% per hour (sometimes less depending on my signal strength). I got LTE turned on at all times and never use wifi.
    You ppeople that get a day or more must hardly use your phone for much of anything. Do you even pick it up and do more than turn the screen on once and a while?

These batteries suck if you actually USE your phone
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    You ppeople that get a day or more must hardly use your phone for much of anything. Do you even pick it up and do more than turn the screen on once and a while?

I agree, the screen eats through the battery, I can get like 4 hours of continuous use browsing the internet

exactly my thoughts. I got barely 7 hours today with just browsing and installing apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I agree, the screen eats through the battery, I can get like 4 hours of continuous use browsing the internet
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Anyone know of any data on what the estimated time we should be getting on the phone if it is just left with the screen on constantly? Would be interesting.

I know I am getting horrid battery life because when I have time to use my phone I use it, its hard to put down :)

Which makes it hard for me to gauge if my battery life is actually bad or not because I'm using my phone way more than I usually would.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post

In the past 40 hours I've been listening/streaming music a few hours, 1-2 hours of phone calls, about 50-60 text messages. Got my email set to push so I received and sent a few emails, checked Facebook a bit and downloaded a few apps from the store that I tested out (1-2 games in that mix and played around with ProShot a bit). Also did some banking on my banking app. All in all I used it moderately at the least, what I am doing though is playing it smart and not installing bugged apps like WhatsApp and so on. When not using the phone I been turning it on to check something quickly every 10-15 min so it's never really been completely idle for hours except when I was sleeping.
    Last edited by Davidkoh; 01-19-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Anybody know if using wireless n 5 ghz uses more power than the n 2.4ghz antenna?

My router can do both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Ok, there is no way you get 40 hrs out of a charge. Maybe if you are 3g only or wifi only. Does the phone say LTE or 4G? There is a difference. Also, If you are not on LTE or turn your data off, your numbers are irrelevant. Nobody, well almost nobody, buys a smart phone and goes around with the data off. If your data is off or you are in 3g only area, of course you are going to have better battery life. I could probably turn all of my antennas off and use the phone for a paper weight and not get 40+ hours, but then what is the point. If you are 3g only or wifi only you need to specify. It is not possible to get these hrs in a LTE market using your phone fully. It just isn't possible. if it is, I got another bunk 920. I get 3-4% in true LTE standby and I have done everything.
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    Ok, there is no way you get 40 hrs out of a charge. Maybe if you are 3g only or wifi only. Does the phone say LTE or 4G? There is a difference. Also, If you are not on LTE or turn your data off, your numbers are irrelevant. Nobody, well almost nobody, buys a smart phone and goes around with the data off. If your data is off or you are in 3g only area, of course you are going to have better battery life. I could probably turn all of my antennas off and use the phone for a paper weight and not get 40+ hours, but then what is the point. If you are 3g only or wifi only you need to specify. It is not possible to get these hrs in a LTE market using your phone fully. It just isn't possible. if it is, I got another bunk 920. I get 3-4% in true LTE standby and I have done everything.
    Its LTE, and I dont use wifi, only LTE and never turn data off. Its all down to to the apps for me. If I use that bugged WhatsApp app I get shorter battery life with hot phone. As long as I use the working apps I get good battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimal Kunnath View Post
    i had charged my lumia overnight for about 10 hours. i took it off the charger at 1:30 pm. By 9:00, charge was down to 10%.
    I had been surfing the net, downloading apps for quite a long time. Played games for about 1 hour, music for like 10 minutes, whatsapp for about an hour. 3g or wifi was on throughout the period. Basically I had been using the phone pretty much for the 7 hours, but mainly browsing and stuff. Is this charge drop normal? Looks pretty bad to me.
    I had tried draining and recharging it overnight 3 times now. Don't see much of a difference.
    That is pretty much heavy usage and your screen on time is nearly 4-5 hours. That for any smart phone of this size, is more than good for a 3G connection.

The only meaningful statistic is how well it does in the same area with the same usage compared to your last phone. The battery life on my 920 is roughly 2x what I got with either my Droid 2 Global or iPhone 4S. It can go two days in my area (close to an AT&T tower, no LTE, Wi-Fi on, BT on, GPS on) with my usage (light, but with push email always on). My Droid or iPhone could only get one day max under the same conditions. That makes me happy with the battery in the 920.

It was very bad, 4-5 hours until I did a hard reset.
    Started to get better.
    Unplugged at about 12:30 am ... Idle till 7 am ... 4:30 pm & it's 17% now.
    Still have that random restart issue, especially when I'm making calls.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123