Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I was wondering, who changes their Lumia 920 wirelessly overnight? If not, why? Were there a number of problems with charging overnight, e.g over-heating, dying, etc? I want to buy a Nokia charging pad for my bedside table, but I'm hesitant of putting the money down unless I know for sure that overnight charging is relatively smooth.

I charge mine wirelessly every night. And I have wireless charger at work I leave it on half the time.

Occasionally it seems to get a little warmer than expected, but overall its an awesome/easy feature!

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I do, with absolutely no negative consequences at all.

...that ive noticed.
    I have charged my phone wirelessly every night since I got the charger a few days after launch. I havent noticed any issues using it.

I charge my Lumia 920 with wireless chargers 90% of the time. No overheating issues at all. It is very convenient since my 920 is sealed by an otterbox defender case (can't afford any kind of damage).
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Great, so it looks like things work fine with Nokia's accessories... What about third party products? I ask, again, because a number of 3rd party goods are on their way, e.g. for cars, maybe furniture, etc. Are people finding any issues with 3rd party chargers?

I have been up until Sunday night. The light on the charging plate started blinking. Haven't had time to checkout what the problem is. I like the charging plate. Just went ahead and used the wired charger. I need to look into that.

One of my friends has the energizer qi three position wireless charger and it works flawlessly with my 920, again no overheating issues or any other kind of problems. I personally like Nokia's design, very simple and compact.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
    I have been up until Sunday night. The light on the charging plate started blinking. Haven't had time to checkout what the problem is. I like the charging plate. Just went ahead and used the wired charger. I need to look into that.
    When your phone reaches full charge, the LED will first do a slow blink, then turn off almost entirely - unless you use a nightstand app or the NFC charging Weather and Calendar app. If the screen is on, it blinks a little faster, and won't turn off. This is to show that it is still charging the phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,460 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    My wife and I do it every night!
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    I do every evening

Have the wireless charger next to the bed. Could do without the sound notifications when putting it on or taking it off the charger. Kinda annoying, but not a huge deal. Works well most the time, unless it gets bumped slightly and loses connection. Sometimes it charges to 100%, sometimes only charges to 96%, not really sure what is going on there. Would be great if there was a sleep mode for the win phone that you could say between these hours no e-mail/message beeps (albeit that has nothing to do with wireless just an obs). I think the wireless charging is awesome though and I haven't plugged my phone into an actual cable since receiving the charger with the exception of connecting it to my PC.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Mine too!!! Oh, wait........ you were talking about wireless charging. Umm yeah, I charge mine every night without issues. Works flawlessly.
    Thanked by:
    Muessig, gbbg and GomzyRockz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post

I charge it wirelessly, no problems with it. People who had problems with it most likely had a defective phone.

I also have the energizer qi 3 position and it works quite well. I'll be damned if i can find that third position!:P

Global Posts
    2,261 Global Posts
    Before going to sleep, I unlock my 920, do the NFC tap with my charging stand to bring up the clock/weather/agenda, then place it on the charger overnight. No problems.

Never had problems with the Palm Pre wireless chargers either.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I do. And 9 out of 10 mornings my phone is dead and requires a hard boot. At least it's charged though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by elee532 View Post
    I do. And 9 out of 10 mornings my phone is dead and requires a hard boot. At least it's charged though. :-)
    Then its defective.
    Alex Kj and jlzimmerman like this.

I charge mine wireless overnight ever since I got my stand. No problem at all, it only would overheat/restart if you use the NFC night clock function (which I believe should be improved soon since its a common complaint). Yeah aside from that every morning I just pick up my phone and go, no issues what so ever

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have charged my phone wirelessly every night since I got the charger a few days after launch.
    I wirelessly charge my 8x everynight with my nokia wireless charger.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

I do every night all night unless my gf steals it first.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by elee532 View Post
    I had the same issue, although it would die at different times each night and stop charging at that point. I've just received my 920 back from Nokia Care after 1.5 weeks (to fix this issue and the vibration rattle) so I'll test out the charging tonight and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    When your phone reaches full charge, the LED will first do a slow blink, then turn off almost entirely - unless you use a nightstand app or the NFC charging Weather and Calendar app. If the screen is on, it blinks a little faster, and won't turn off. This is to show that it is still charging the phone.
    Something was going on. I have the Nokia plate. Been getting in too late to deal with it having to wake up too early. Got home tonight, checked the plate, turned the phone off, put it on the charger, the light came on steady, the phone turned on, the light stayed on steady charging as I'm typing. I Love wireless charging.

Thank You.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast