Options after poor battery life, even after hard reset?

Derek Leung

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am at my tipping point with this phone. I have done a factory reset twice, in hopes to restore my battery. It reaches 10% at 3:00 P.M. after light/moderate texting, until I have to activate battery saver/location off/airplane mode, practically just deeming my phone incapable of doing anything.

This morning I forgot my phone on the microwave after wirelessly charging it overnight. When I arrived to my house at 3:05 P.M. it was at 40%, according to battery sense, in which I lost 2% just confirming through the settings. Ever since the purchase of my device I have had to rigorously deter myself from browsing the internet, playing games, and just fiddling with my 920.
Info:
Hardware version: 1.00
Portico: yes
Nfc: off
bluetooth: off
location: on (in case it gets lost/misplaced/stolen I like to track it)
Data: off
Wifi: Yes, via Xfinity, very good connection
background apps: battery sense, Weather channel
Email: hotmail, syncs daily
battery saver: off
dust under FFC: yes
White Lumia 920, ATT

Am I eligible for a replacement, even after my 14 days? Also thinking of biting the bullet and buying the htc one x.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If you are within 14 days, exchange it/return, if you are passed, do a warranty exchange through att or nokia. I would go through nokia first.

Not sure how long you had the phone, but if you have to baby your phone to keep battery life, then you need to exchange or return the phone, pretty simple to me. No way for me to confirm your usage, but if its dying at 3pm, you need to do an exchange.

I've gone through 4 exchanges already through nokia, my current phone will last me throughout the day rather easily. I've told nokia, i shouldn't have to baby this phone, this phone is not working and done everything to fix it. Since i have to baby, it is defective so they exchanged for me.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issues with my 920, at&t is sending me a replacement. Nokia wouldn't send me a new phone without me first sending my current 920 to them, which means I'd be with without a phone for 14 days. No thank you. If this phone doesn't work as I think it should I'll sell it and move on, or back to a 900. IMHO the 900 was a better overall phone, I've regretted moving to a 920 everyday that I've had it...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issues with my 920, at&t is sending me a replacement. Nokia wouldn't send me a new phone without me first sending my current 920 to them, which means I'd be with without a phone for 14 days. No thank you. If this phone doesn't work as I think it should I'll sell it and move on, or back to a 900. IMHO the 900 was a better overall phone, I've regretted moving to a 920 everyday that I've had it...

Not sure who in nokia told you that, but i never once had to send my phone in before getting a replacement. Unless they just changed it, but i've gotten multiple phones before sending in my original.

IMO, the 900 didn't have battery issues like the 920, but i still had to do a warranty exchange for one. The crappy camera alone on the 900 is enough for me to be happy with the 920. The fact i had to go through 4 phones sucks, but again, never once did i have ot send in my original before receiving one.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure who in nokia told you that, but i never once had to send my phone in before getting a replacement. Unless they just changed it, but i've gotten multiple phones before sending in my original.

IMO, the 900 didn't have battery issues like the 920, but i still had to do a warranty exchange for one. The crappy camera alone on the 900 is enough for me to be happy with the 920. The fact i had to go through 4 phones sucks, but again, never once did i have ot send in my original before receiving one.

I talked directly to a Nokia rep, that is the normal policy, others here have said the same.

I personally don't care much about the camera as no phone can come close to a dslr, the video is nice however.

You're right the battery is my main complaint. My 900 would last days with moderate use, my 920 maybe 5 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo