Charging Notification Sound

Keegan Morris

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody
I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been asked but I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the (IMO) annoying noise that chimes when you start end finish charging your phone. I've tried turning off reminders, keypress, lock and unlock, camera shutter, and all other notifications, but it still makes that annoying jingle when you have the volume up (even when my ringer's on silent).

Thanks for the help.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ya, this a weird feature that didn't occur with WP7. I'm pretty sure MS is getting some complaints about this, so I'm sure they'll update to change that.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the only way I've found to turn this off is by turning the volume down. Like slashd0t, I too am up first and hate to wake up the gf when I'm getting out of bed.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
seems to not have a 100% solution although you can try the work-around above^
seeing how in every wireless charging commercial or ones that feature any kind of charging, nokia always have this sound purposely heard i don't think they'd let you turn such a recognizable thing off.

agarcia59

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
That is easily one of the most annoying things about the phone. I work in a quiet lab, taking my phone off the charger always makes that loud noise!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium