Buying a Lumia 920 this week

modelomaestro22

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have a 900 and even though I was an android guy I love the Lumia.

Question is I want to but a 920 outright. What's my best course of action att store,amazon, or Craigslist?

Thanks for any input.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
if you live in US, might as well utilize the subsidized plans from ATT as they are the sole exclusive carrier and buying the device outright won't yield any savings (But is instead a waste).
if you live elsewhere, well i have seen some pretty nice looking international versions available in all colors going at around $750. though i suggest you get grey if you are spending this much since it is the SUPER rare color that no one has. (yellow is 2nd too but is much more common. grey is like the diamond in the sand)

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
check out the unlocked Rogers version from negri electronics. I dont think buying it outright is a waste. If you plan to use it on ATT, then craigslist is your first place to look as they go for cheap $250 - $550. If you plan to use it on Tmob or elsewhere, then negri electronics is a good place to buy as they sell it unlocked and ship to most other countries.

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I believe Craigslist is my best chance. Now hopefully I can find a yellow or red one!

if you want to find anything other than black or white then craigslist is definitely your best bet. I wanted black so I went ahead and bought mine from AT&T. for me, saving around a hundred bucks just wasn't worth dealing with craigslist and the flakes that you sometimes encounter. Plus I wanted to try it out and have a return period as this is my first experience with windows phone.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I would buy it from eBay and add the warranty they offer for electronics since buying private will most likely negate your manufacturers warranty. Yes you can add the same warranty if you buy from Craigslist or Amazon, but eBay will most likely be cheaper if you take advantage of it during checkout or respond to their email after purchase.

modelomaestro22

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
if you want to find anything other than black or white then craigslist is definitely your best bet. I wanted black so I went ahead and bought mine from AT&T. for me, saving around a hundred bucks just wasn't worth dealing with craigslist and the flakes that you sometimes encounter. Plus I wanted to try it out and have a return period as this is my first experience with windows phone.

I hear you on the weirdo's you meet sometimes and I probably should buy it new to give me piece of mind and a warranty. I get a year with Nokia right?

modelomaestro22

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I would buy it from eBay and add the warranty they offer for electronics since buying private will most likely negate your manufacturers warranty. Yes you can add the same warranty if you buy from Craigslist or Amazon, but eBay will most likely be cheaper if you take advantage of it during checkout or respond to their email after purchase.

I didn't even realize eBay offered a warranty. I was looking last night and saw most phones had no warranty by the seller and that scared me off.

Maybe I'll look again tonight there was a guy with a yellow one for 350.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3