Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I just bought my new lumia a few days ago and the battery hasn't been good. It went from 75% to 0% in 6 hours. During that time period, usage include high twitter & whatsapp usage and little miscellaneous stuff. I'm using data plan during that time though. Is this normal? Anyway to fix this poor battery option? I do realize that when ever I surf the web on my phone, the battery falls drastically.

yep, you will get about 6-8 hours of actual hard use (talking, surfing the web) and actually about 2/3rds of that if you're gaming (4-5 hours of gaming)

just like every other smartphone.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    yep, you will get about 6-8 hours of actual hard use (talking, surfing the web) and actually about 2/3rds of that if you're gaming (4-5 hours of gaming)

just like every other smartphone.
    sigh someone should invent a unlimited battery..

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    keep using it like that. also let the battery get down to 5-10% each time and charge it to full each time. you should see some battery improvements after a week.

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    taht is quite a bit, does the battery drop when you dont use it?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    4,829 Global Posts
    What's you idle usage like?

I think THAT is what determines if your battery is bad or not

All that screen time will drain your battery quickly. Try to set your brightness at the lowest tolerable level, and that should extend your battery life by a bit.
    I keep everything on generally and used to get 6-8 hours. So two charges on a working day normally.
    Since last two days, I have everything off - bluetooth, location, wifi, 3G data, tap to send, no background apps.

I've been using my phone for ONLY text and calls since last two days. I'm a heavy texter. Sent about 300+ texts in 2 days.

Today I've sent about 160ish. It's been 9 hours since I removed from charge, I have 94% battery remaining.

So.. as everyone said, how you use your phone actually determines battery life. I've realised one thing, my service provider's 98% 3G coverage is lame, poor and disgustingly slow to say the least. Without data connection, I am very happy with battery life. It's like Nokia in the old days.

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    What's your screen-on time? That's the only thing that tells us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    What's your screen-on time? That's the only thing that tells us anything.
    I wasn't aware we could see that with WPs. Where do you go to view screen on time?

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    I wasn't aware we could see that with WPs. Where do you go to view screen on time?
    Oh dear. There's no screen-on time API in Windows Phone. How the **** are you supposed to have any sort of accurate battery monitor program without such a basic API? Good lord.
    I never really bothered to check because my 820 battery has been fine-ish. I know I typically get 2+ hours of screen-on time with my GS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    Just roughly add up minutes/hours your phone screen is on. Not sleeping or off.

Global Posts
    2,677 Global Posts
    In my experience, WhatsApp eats up battery like a mofo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    In my experience, WhatsApp eats up battery like a mofo.
    I agree.

Off-topic: Just saw Line App in Windows 8 store. They are developing WAY quicker than Whatsapp. Whatsapp hasn't even got their WP8 app together and Line has pushed out Windows 8 app. I wish, my friends weren't knobs :(

Hey, I had the same issue as you when i first got my 920. Now that I have had it for a month the battery life has significantly improved. A good tip is to reset your phone when it gets really hot as it makes sure the processes are shutdown properly.