Poor battery? 75% to 0% in 6hours

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my new lumia a few days ago and the battery hasn't been good. It went from 75% to 0% in 6 hours. During that time period, usage include high twitter & whatsapp usage and little miscellaneous stuff. I'm using data plan during that time though. Is this normal? Anyway to fix this poor battery option? I do realize that when ever I surf the web on my phone, the battery falls drastically.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
yep, you will get about 6-8 hours of actual hard use (talking, surfing the web) and actually about 2/3rds of that if you're gaming (4-5 hours of gaming)

just like every other smartphone.

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
yep, you will get about 6-8 hours of actual hard use (talking, surfing the web) and actually about 2/3rds of that if you're gaming (4-5 hours of gaming)

just like every other smartphone.
sigh someone should invent a unlimited battery..

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
keep using it like that. also let the battery get down to 5-10% each time and charge it to full each time. you should see some battery improvements after a week.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All that screen time will drain your battery quickly. Try to set your brightness at the lowest tolerable level, and that should extend your battery life by a bit.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep everything on generally and used to get 6-8 hours. So two charges on a working day normally.
Since last two days, I have everything off - bluetooth, location, wifi, 3G data, tap to send, no background apps.

I've been using my phone for ONLY text and calls since last two days. I'm a heavy texter. Sent about 300+ texts in 2 days.

Today I've sent about 160ish. It's been 9 hours since I removed from charge, I have 94% battery remaining.

So.. as everyone said, how you use your phone actually determines battery life. I've realised one thing, my service provider's 98% 3G coverage is lame, poor and disgustingly slow to say the least. Without data connection, I am very happy with battery life. It's like Nokia in the old days.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware we could see that with WPs. Where do you go to view screen on time?

Oh dear. There's no screen-on time API in Windows Phone. How the **** are you supposed to have any sort of accurate battery monitor program without such a basic API? Good lord.
I never really bothered to check because my 820 battery has been fine-ish. I know I typically get 2+ hours of screen-on time with my GS3.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, WhatsApp eats up battery like a mofo.

I agree.

Off-topic: Just saw Line App in Windows 8 store. They are developing WAY quicker than Whatsapp. Whatsapp hasn't even got their WP8 app together and Line has pushed out Windows 8 app. I wish, my friends weren't knobs :(

Imamurray

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I had the same issue as you when i first got my 920. Now that I have had it for a month the battery life has significantly improved. A good tip is to reset your phone when it gets really hot as it makes sure the processes are shutdown properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05