- 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM #1
I have some questions related to WiFi Behavior I have seen on my phone in past 2 months.
I have a Lumia 920 from AT&T with Portico update installed.
1. My WiFi although shows that open networks in Saved Network never connects automatically, eg. My Company Network, WiFi Hotspots, Etc.
2. WiFi will connect to my home router or any other router only after I start the screen, till the time screen is off WiFi dont connect, once connected it stays connected after Portico Update as expected.
3. Any Patch, Application or Suggestion to fix the above mentioned behavior.
-- These are something which works on all other OS ie. Web OS, Android and IOS.
- 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM #2
for #1 you have to have an app called at&t hotspots. it is not on windows phone. that app automaticly connects to any at&t hotspots around town. so for windows phone you have to connect to them manually when you see them pop up. windows does give you a notification when you can connect to one.
- 01-16-2013, 10:57 PM #3
Thanks for the reply, my settings for always on is checked, but still I cannot connect to my home network till the time my screen is off.
As soon as I turn on the screen it will connect to my home network.
I came back from office and just kept phone overnight, it never connected to my home network.
As soon as I pressed power button to unlock the phone it immediately connected it to my wifi.
How do I know that for sure, I had no emails sync for entire night, and all of sudden after wifi connect got about 18 emails.
Can someone comment if this is an expected behavior or not.
- 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM #4
We have unsecured WiFi networks at the university (uobroamnet, Sky/O2 The Cloud), and I seem to be able to autoconnect to The Cloud (don't use roamnet on my phone). I will double check this when next at uni though.
- By bhjv1 in forum LG QuantumReplies: 7Last Post: 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM
- By Mike20PR in forum HTC TITANReplies: 17Last Post: 01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
- By wpbrian in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 11-21-2011, 11:58 AM
- By book1245 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM