Charged all night and now it wont turn on at all!

Stephernie88

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my phone. Then I had my phone on the wireless charger all night last night. I woke up this morning, and it wont turn on. I tried the volume/power/camera reset thing and it still wont turn on! I'm so upset as it took 2 weeks to even get my phone in the first place since apparently it was on back order and no one told me. So now with it not turning on, I'm just so mad and hope I can figure this out!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my phone. Then I had my phone on the wireless charger all night last night. I woke up this morning, and it wont turn on. I tried the volume/power/camera reset thing and it still wont turn on! I'm so upset as it took 2 weeks to even get my phone in the first place since apparently it was on back order and no one told me. So now with it not turning on, I'm just so mad and hope I can figure this out!

Did you try to plug it in? Maybe something was wrong with the wireless charger and the battery is just drained?

Stephernie88

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, well I held Volume down and power down for like a minute (I tried holding it down a few times before) and FINALLY it vibrated and turned on. Omg I was about to cry lol

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset: Volume+Power. Press and hold both until the phone vibrates (at least 10 seconds)?

EDIT:
OK, you got it

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for you but believe me is not the only time that is going to happen . I have the same problem with my phone and right now it is on its way to Nokia Repair Facility in Texas. I have mines since November and at the beginning it did it like two times but after the firmware update was doing it almost everyday. I tried everything, and when i say everything i mean everything. I search the forums, try all the stuff i found about the issue but nothing. The problem never went away. By the way the only way to power the device back on is by doing a soft reset ( Press Volume key down and power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds). Hope that helps but i think that you will end up sending the phone to Nokia Repair Facility.I didn't want to because i thought it was a software problem but they say they will check it. You can still use the phone for a while to see if you find other problems and then send it and make them fix everything at the same time or replace it. You can replace it with AT&T if you bought here in the US if you still under the 14 days they give. Make sure they give you a new one and not a refurb, sometimes refurbished phones are better than new ones but i still prefer a new one . That's what you paid for.

S Rodrigo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Stephernie - try the following (note this will reset your device completely, odds are you are going to lose all the customization and have to start over)....with your phone unplugged, hold the volume button down, then plug in your phone. An exclamation point should show on the screen, if it does not, then your phone is probably toast. If it does show up, press volume up, volume down, power, volume down. This will initiate the recovery module. Leave the phone plugged in for awhile as the battery is probably completely dead and it will take 20-30 minutes of charging before the phone has enough juice to start the recovery. Then it will basically run its course, so just leave it plugged in for a couple hours and come back to it and it will ask you all the basic info it did when you first got your phone. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster