Phone Hanged. What happened?

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 was suddenly slow, browser content was uploading slowly, my metrotube was not loading videos, I was not able to connect to my home wifi. I just thought I would reboot my phone, so I hold my Power switch for a few seconds, then I slide down to reboot. But then it hanged. I did not want to hard reboot my phone for fears of bricking it. So I just kept it aside and drained the battery, charged it and crossed my fingers. Voila, it worked.

Did anyone experience the same issue? If yes, do you know why? What do we do incase this happens again?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hold down volume down and the power button until the phone resets.

Do you have the portico update? That fixes some of these issues, but others remain. There's a number of threads in this forum talking about this issue, but for me, after contacting Windows Phone support, disabling WiFi on my phone made the issue go away for me, so hopefully it's something being worked on.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hold down volume down and the power button until the phone resets.

Do you have the portico update? That fixes some of these issues, but others remain. There's a number of threads in this forum talking about this issue, but for me, after contacting Windows Phone support, disabling WiFi on my phone made the issue go away for me, so hopefully it's something being worked on.

I did hold down the volume down and the power button, but it did not reboot. and I do have the Portico update as well. So the cause was "always on" wifi ?? omg

Anoop Bhargav

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It is happening to me at this very moment!

I got a notification that I have my turn to play in the Words with Friends. So, I went to the following path, Home > Games > Words with Friends. It then said, "Updating.. This may take a few minutes", as it normally says and then it hung :( Don't know what to do :(

I tried holding the volume keys and the screen lock keys. Nothing is responding :(

Appreciate any information or help.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Started happening with my 920 too.. It's happening more and more now.. i'm actually using my Nexus 4 until I can get mine replaced or Microsoft fixes this OS.. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3