Issues with the native alarms?

baylorbear134

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Lately the alarms I've set on my phone have not been going off. I set the alarms before I go to sleep, usually 2 or 3 alarms set to go off in a 30 minute period. However, ill wake up in the morning, late for class, finding that my alarms did not go off. The lock screen will still show the alarm symbol, and when I launch the alarm app, I find that the alarms are still set to go off, but they never actually rang. I know for a fact that I didnt press "dismiss" in my sleep because the on/off "switch" is still colored blue to show that the alarm is on (if you press dismiss the alarm will turn off).

I have no idea what the problem could possibly be. It seems if I delete the alarms and start fresh they work again, but a few days of using the same alarm and the problem starts back up.

Has anyone experienced anything as crazy as this?

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Never had any problems with mine. Outside of the obvious things like checking you have the correct time and days selected for each alarm then I can't think why it would work for a few days then stop. Also the alarm won't show as off if you have it set to go off for multiple days, like weekdays, and the next day is a weekday, so you may want to check the volume is high enough and alarm tone annoying enough to wake you up :)

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Lately the alarms I've set on my phone have not been going off. I set the alarms before I go to sleep, usually 2 or 3 alarms set to go off in a 30 minute period. However, ill wake up in the morning, late for class, finding that my alarms did not go off. The lock screen will still show the alarm symbol, and when I launch the alarm app, I find that the alarms are still set to go off, but they never actually rang. I know for a fact that I didnt press "dismiss" in my sleep because the on/off "switch" is still colored blue to show that the alarm is on (if you press dismiss the alarm will turn off).

I have no idea what the problem could possibly be. It seems if I delete the alarms and start fresh they work again, but a few days of using the same alarm and the problem starts back up.

Has anyone experienced anything as crazy as this?

same happened to me twice, either I fell asleep late and was still in REM sleep or the problem you are explaining.

Shirish Madharia

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
check if you haven't put the phone in silent? the volume of phone's ringer is loud enough to hear? This is a common problem in WP as the volume setting is common for apps(music player, alarm etc) and ringtones.

Christoph_D

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The same happen to me all the time. First I thought it was because I didn't close my music app because that's the reason sometimes. So I've tried to put volume to 30 and close music. But nothing has change.

Jiri Bartos

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
different issue here, but even more evil one - I am on Lumia 920 - when I set alarm, say to 7 AM (it actually does not matter to what time), it goes on the next day not at the scheduled time but at 4.00 AM ? it is absolutely unusable - anyone experiencing the same thing? any suggestions?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So far I haven't got any issues with my alarms. One set to wake me up at 6:30 AM on weekdays, and other alarms if I need them 4 something.
So basically check the phone volume (as suggested), and a little trick that I learnt while I was an iPhone user - delete all the alarms, do a full phone reboot - power off, then wait 60 secs, and then turn it on again. Then set a random alarm just for the test (e.g to ring in 2-3 mins time), and if everything is ok, set ur alarms again.
Somehow, all the systems have this trouble, u set the alarms, and it won't ring. Deletion of them, and rebooting the phone, always did the trick. This used to happen to me 2-3 times/year.

Jiri Bartos

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
different issue here, but even more evil one - I am on Lumia 920 - when I set alarm, say to 7 AM (it actually does not matter to what time), it goes on the next day not at the scheduled time but at 4.00 AM – it is absolutely unusable - anyone experiencing the same thing? any suggestions?

I am still experiencing this behavior. I did restore, but still, when I set alarm (native app) to ANY time, it rings at that time, but also, it rings at 4.00 AM (which is the time I haven’t set anything). To test it, I installed “Ding” at it behaves the same way – today, I set only one alarm (at 8.00 AM) and my phone ringed at 4.00AM and 8.00AM. anyone came across such behavior?

Maseroche

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have two Nokia 920. The alarm on the White one works perfect. The alarm on the newer Black model doesn't. Same settings and everything but for some reason it doesn't work just like the OP said.

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
hmm.. never had any issue with my alarm, apart from the obvious fixed 9 min snooze interval and the inability to turn off snooze without turning off the alarm

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently started getting this problem too on my Lumia 920, though the same alarm has been set since I got the phone.
When I set a 1 off alarm it goes off no problems, but my regular one (0655am m,t,w,t,f &Su) doesn't.
It coincidenlty started after I recently done a hard reset.
Will wait and see what it does tomorrow.
And yes, my phone is on or in flight mode and ringer volume up.

Linda R

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
First, I wish that those folks who reply to a thread saying 'I have no problem with my alarms' would understand that does not add to conversation which is about helping others in a help forum. Second, I am having the same issue. My alarms worked yesterday, but not today. Additionally, when a call arrives, the ringer will not sound. Yesterday, it did--hence, the original poster is not crazy, stupid, or technology illiterate. Finally, as with any reasonable solution, a shutdown and reboot worked to resolve the issues for me. In general, Occam's razor solution for phones--reboot. This may not work for the original poster, but I thank the person who, like me when I owned an iPhone, reminded us of the reboot.
Thank you,
Linda

canativ454

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have been experiencing an issue with the alarm simply not going off and this started since the last Lumia 920 Windows phone update. Before that my alarm worked flawlessly. I've tried deleting all alarms and setting them back up once in a while it will work once then the next quits working. Any suggestions?

Tyradius

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a similar issue. Before 8.1 on my Lumia icon, I had zero issues. Nor did I have any issues with my 928. Since 8.1 I've had issues with any alarm set to repeat certain days. But the alarm set to go off once works fine. Basically I have two alarms that go off at 8am and 9am everyday except Sunday. These don't go off. But a third alarm set to go off at 9:30am only once, works. I then turn it back on after I get up. I tried testing this today in order to figure out if its something specific, but without success. Everything worked without issue. I've deleted and recreated the alarms several times. I've don't it again today. I've also rebooted without luck.

MadMup

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat - Lumia 920, alarms not going off at all (no dismiss screen or anything). I've deleted all alarms and recreated them, but no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786