Scratches on my Lumia 920

Ryan Sheng Lim

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey people, I know I'm an idiot. But it's because I had faith with 920's gorilla glass that I spun my lumia 920 on the smooth table facing downwards while I'm bored. They are only minor scratches though. Shall I get a new one from Nokia? Suggestions? Thanks. :(

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, and in agreement with your appraisal of your actions, WTF!

Secondly, they may not be glass scratches. It may be a scratch on the coating on top of the glass. I have a few on mine, not deal breakers for me, but I wish I had purchased a decent screen protector.

I wouldn't send it back to Nokia.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you even get a new one for scratching up your own phone?

Sounds to good to be true. Without screen protection you will end up with small scratches anyway.

Ryan Sheng Lim

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I would like to thank you guys for replying. I know I'm dumb. :) I really thought it was scratch resistant. Cuz I watched some videos which uses knife on 920, and not a scratch is found! Well, too much faith in gorilla glass is not good I guess. thanks again. :D

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I ran over mine with a lawn mower, but only because I thought these phones were supposed to be tough. It shattered into 4-5 pieces. Perhaps saying it shattered is an overreaction. Regardless, with other phones I think that number would have been much higher.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran over mine with a lawn mower, but only because I thought these phones were supposed to be tough. It shattered into 4-5 pieces. Perhaps saying it shattered is an overreaction. Regardless, with other phones I think that number would have been much higher.

Maybe this post is a troll, but I'll still bite.

Walk me through the incident. You were mowing the lawn, back and forth, and you noticed, 10 feet ahead, that your phone had been dropped and was now in the path of your mower. You almost stopped mowing to pick it up, but then thought "This phone is supposed to be tough, I'll wait until I run over it, and then I'll lean down so I don't have to stop mowing. I can just swoop by and grab it." Is this accurate?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this post is a troll, but I'll still bite.

Walk me through the incident. You were mowing the lawn, back and forth, and you noticed, 10 feet ahead, that your phone had been dropped and was now in the path of your mower. You almost stopped mowing to pick it up, but then thought "This phone is supposed to be tough, I'll wait until I run over it, and then I'll lean down so I don't have to stop mowing. I can just swoop by and grab it." Is this accurate?

I was joking. I didn't actually mow my phone just because I thought the phone was durable and could survive a trip through the mower.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
After having the Lumia 920 since day one, I got some N A S T Y scratched on the lower half of the screen, mainly to the left side. One of them, was so deep, in fact, you could feel the ridge of the scratch. I know how and when the big one occurred. One month ago, I set it down, screen down, not really paying attention, when a co-worker moved to out of the way. I heard a grinding noise when it was done, and sure as ****, I picked it up, and saw the scratches. Coincidentally, I started having battery issues this week, and had he device replaced. The first thing I did, was order a Zagg screen protector. I don't want anymore ugly scratches.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have quite a harsh scratch on my screen, about 8mm long and you can feel it with your finger/nail.

Screen isn't as tough as I thought it would be - should have got a screen protector!

pinoyrepn1124

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Although Im very meticolous on how I handle my phone ( practically do it with kid gloves), I actually purchased an in-store warranty on my phone from Radio Shack . . Basically, anytime that there's an issue, I can always go back to the store for a brand new phone. Even if they arent able to resolve the issue by giving me a new phone, they'll actually give me the full value of the phone off contract . . Nice to have around just in case :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6