How Often Do You Restart Your Lumia 920?

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I try to remember to restart it once a week just because I think that any computer device needs it. Always some memory leak or something in anyone's code.

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I turn mine off every night as I don't need it on while I sleep. I plug it in to charge as soon as I wake up...and it's fully charged by the time I leave for work.
Hoping this will help extend out the overall life of the battery :)

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I turn mine off every night as I don't need it on while I sleep. I plug it in to charge as soon as I wake up...and it's fully charged by the time I leave for work.
Hoping this will help extend out the overall life of the battery :)
+1 I do similar procedure. Charge it in morning. I get a full day charge with this routine.

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I just restarted it for the first time last Monday since I got the phone a little over a month ago. My screen went blank after I sent a couple of messages to my wife via Skype when I found myself in a dead zone. Strangely, my wife had the same symptom later in the day and it occurred right after she hung up on a conversation through Skype. Coincidence?

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I never restart and never try to intentionally torture myself with beta/buggy apps :-/ My battery life is good for whole day (unless I try to wach videos or play some game for couple of hours or visit some buggy webpage and then forget to close IE using "back" arrow).

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i start chargning it wirelessly about 2.5 hours before i sleep. when i notice it's full i take it off. before i sleep i turn it off. in the morning i would turn it on again:
in other words, daily.

since a smartphone is like a computer in your palm, restarting occasionally helps a lot with speed and stability

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i start chargning it wirelessly about 2.5 hours before i sleep. when i notice it's full i take it off. before i sleep i turn it off. in the morning i would turn it on again:
in other words, daily.

since a smartphone is like a computer in your palm, restarting occasionally helps a lot with speed and stability

this is in line with my thinking also. there's ram in this phone and as someone else said there can be ram leaks. clearing the ram and giving it a fresh start is very beneficial. so thats why i restart it every morning right after i take it off the charger. also when you hold down the power button you only get an option to shut down the phone. it doesnt restart. you will have to then hold down the power button again til it vibrates to get it to come back on. restart option would take out the need to hold down the power button to turn it back on. some ppl have said their power button has started to get a lil loose. a restart option would help with that also because there would be less times to hold the power button. unless you never restart your phone then in that case it wouldnt matter, hehe.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Restarts:
My computer at home once a month
My computer at work twice a month
My wireless router 2 or 3 times a month
My streaming BD Player 3 or more times/month
My previous android: 5 or more times /Month
My WP8 :never

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Just hold down the power button for a while and it will shut down and restart automatically. When you see the slide screen to shut down, continue to hold down the power button and the phone will shut off and restart on it's own.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just hold down the power button for a while and it will shut down and restart automatically. When you see the slide screen to shut down, continue to hold down the power button and the phone will shut off and restart on it's own.

that sounds alot like a soft reset. a restart option would actually go through the process of shutting down like the normal shut off does then restart the phone for you.

so i just tried this and my phone doesnt restart at all. hehe. the shut down option comes up but after some seconds the screen just shuts off while i'm still holding down the power button. if i let the power button go and hit it again the lock screen just comes back up and the phone never restarted.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As I've been playing around with the Nokia, I'm finding all apps to do with the GPS, the camera, surfing the web, downloading apps, and I'm sure there's more, are battery hogs. A soft re-boot after closing any of the mentioned down will stop the heavy discharge. I just took a break, saw and took a picture of a cross on a church I go to on Fridays. I checked my battery in settings. It was 58% with 3 hours remaining. Did a re-boot, and now have 55% with 1 day and 2 hours remaining. The equipment, and apps tend to keep using energy in the background even after being turned off. My BB did the same thing. Ctrl-alt-del did the trick on it. Oh Well, just the nature of the beast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion