Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    just wondering what others do. i restart mine every morning when i get up. i take it off the charger then turn it off then back on. i tend to think this helps with my battery life during the day but i have no proof of that. but i do get good daily battery life every day that i do that. speaking of restarting, i wish the OS had a restart and turn off option instead of just a turn off option.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    edit: thread title fix.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I restart my phone once a week

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    i've had mine a week. haven't restarted it yet.

Mine has a built-in automatic, random reboot ....
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helsten2 View Post
    Mine has a built-in automatic, random reboot ....
    That might explain your avatar!

It's hard for me to say how often I restart my phone. It'll go weeks without restarting, but at times I might be around once a week.

Last week it was doing a weird thing and discharging on the charger... Restart seemed to fix it.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

every 15 minutes, NO JOKE.
    Im at the point where i wanna just get a iphone 5.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I restart about once every two days. Helps shut down those apps that don't really close even though you DID close them an hour ago.

And I'd like to say I HATE how it re-pins the "All Inboxes" back on my Home screen EVERY G****MN TIME!!!

Global Posts
    2,878 Global Posts
    Didnt manually reboot at all unless it crashes, but now whenever I get an update for any of the Nokia system apps like extras I reboot.

Never.
    q8buckeye and Alex Kj like this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    just wondering what others do. i restart mine every morning when i get up. i take it off the charger then turn it off then back on. i tend to think this helps with my battery life during the day but i have no proof of that. but i do get good daily battery life every day that i do that. speaking of restarting, i wish the OS had a restart and turn off option instead of just a turn off option.

I believe if you hold down the power button, it will reboot/restart you phone.

Once or twice a day.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Every time its off the charger I restart

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    I'm with OP. First thing in the morning. Hold over from BB days. But I haven't picked my phone up at noon only to find a dead battery because some app hung up since I started doing this. Portico did not fix ALL the problems.

I find that since I use head phones all the time and still run into the volume locking at 15 and not going up or down I end up rebooting to correct this about every other day.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I had to reboot mine after having CloudMuzik, but I've only rebooted one other time. So twice in a little less than a month.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Every time I notice the phone getting warm for no reason meaning a process is stuck chewing up CPU and battery. Probably once every few days.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    I was restarting (soft reset) my phone once a day or so because I felt that my battery was having issues. The restart though started causing my live tiles to act up, so I quit doing that. Now I would only restart if I get a lockup or something similar.

After an OS update. Had only 2 random reboots in 2 months. WP8 Doesn't slow down my HTC 8X.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    I dont really reset my phone unless it locks up, obviously. But usually i dont, i've had my phone for almost 3 weeks now and only restarted once and that was the 2nd day i got it for no reason other than to see if the battery level % would change. Working great since.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I try to remember to restart it once a week just because I think that any computer device needs it. Always some memory leak or something in anyone's code.

I turn mine off every night as I don't need it on while I sleep. I plug it in to charge as soon as I wake up...and it's fully charged by the time I leave for work.
    Hoping this will help extend out the overall life of the battery :)

Quote Originally Posted by bradhicks View Post
    I turn mine off every night as I don't need it on while I sleep. I plug it in to charge as soon as I wake up...and it's fully charged by the time I leave for work.
    Hoping this will help extend out the overall life of the battery :)
    +1 I do similar procedure. Charge it in morning. I get a full day charge with this routine.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just restarted it for the first time last Monday since I got the phone a little over a month ago. My screen went blank after I sent a couple of messages to my wife via Skype when I found myself in a dead zone. Strangely, my wife had the same symptom later in the day and it occurred right after she hung up on a conversation through Skype. Coincidence?

I never restart and never try to intentionally torture myself with beta/buggy apps :-/ My battery life is good for whole day (unless I try to wach videos or play some game for couple of hours or visit some buggy webpage and then forget to close IE using "back" arrow).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast