Sad Face after Update

acmysdev

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Did an update, came out with restart, then ATT boot logo, then Nokia boot logo, then gears for update, then ended up with a sad face.

Completely unresponsive, seems like a brick. Power and volume down restart it into the sad face once again.

There was very little space available, is that what may have caused it? Battery at 100%, etc.

What can I do now? Where can I find a backup?

Same as this guy: Discipline Is Freedom: Nokia's Sad Face

aphex2020

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Did an update, came out with restart, then ATT boot logo, then Nokia boot logo, then gears for update, then ended up with a sad face.

Completely unresponsive, seems like a brick. Power and volume down restart it into the sad face once again.

There was very little space available, is that what may have caused it? Battery at 100%, etc.

What can I do now? Where can I find a backup?

Same as this guy: Discipline Is Freedom: Nokia's Sad Face

Having the same problem with my HTC Windows Phone 8x. Clicked the update with very little internal space left. How did you remedy this? Please Help

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem with my HTC Windows Phone 8x. Clicked the update with very little internal space left. How did you remedy this? Please Help
just do a soft reset, it always keep a recovery image until a new copy is completely installed.

Danny Parker1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
yh i got the sad face after update and well i tried this reset thing with the value button and it dosnt work so plz can some one help me because its not my fault that they release some bogus update

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
There's a bit of a knack to the soft reset sometimes. If the soft reset doesn't revive the phone, then try a hard reset (power, volume down and camera buttons for ten seconds). If a hard reset doesn't work then you'll need to flash the phone as described in post #2, or get your nearest Nokia Service Centre to do it for you.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad face because following the update my battery doesn't seem to charge up any and I keep getting duplicate text messages as well as the network connectivity is unstable. Not sure if anyone else using AT&T has the same issue since the update pushed this week.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad face because following the update my battery doesn't seem to charge up any and I keep getting duplicate text messages as well as the network connectivity is unstable. Not sure if anyone else using AT&T has the same issue since the update pushed this week.

Ruben htc

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I also have the sad face after updating my htc s8!
I do some hard and soft resets but it wont work,
Still that sad face! After that i implug my htc untill the battery is full.
After that he wont restart, nothing!
If i umplug him a orange light flips on/off.

What to do??? Sorry for my english

Vama Mehta

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
1.Download the NSU (version 4.0.1 for retail).
http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fds_fire/1310/0909/7297834135/NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.1.0.exe
Install the suite to your favourite part of your PC (Windows 7 & 8 only).
2.Simply plug in your Windows Phone to the PC, fire up the software suite and choose "My device doesn't boot up."
3.Once the device connection screen shows up, press and hold the power + volume down buttons simultaneously until the phone vibrates.
The software will then detect your Lumia Windows Phone and prompt you to install 1.2GB worth of recovery goodness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3