Lumia 920 rings through speaker when headphones are plugged in

Jamie T

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I'm listening to music with my headphones plugged in and my Lumia 920 rings, the ringing comes from the main speaker itself rather than the headphones - is there a way I can change this or is this a fault/feature?

Thanks.

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have just checked and on my phone, the ring tone comes from both: phone's speaker and my in-ear phones. Same story when my bluetooth headset is connected.

I have a Portico update, though, don't remember how it was behaving previously before update but I could have sworn, that it was the same?

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it, it's better to have the ring come through the main speakers. Otherwise, you'd be complaining that you took your headphones off and didn't hear the ring, missing an important call from Publisher's Clearing House.

Jamie T

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Unplug your headphones? Hardly difficult.

The option should be there to turn it off. Last thing I want on a packed train is to have my phone loudly ringing when I'm listening to music. Yes, I could turn it to vibrate each time I play music but that's not really the point.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it, it's better to have the ring come through the main speakers. Otherwise, you'd be complaining that you took your headphones off and didn't hear the ring, missing an important call from Publisher's Clearing House.

This

I think my iphone behaved the same

I am sometimes leave my headphones plugged in and this saves my life.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Freaking annoying. I thought I was the only one with this issue.
Watching videos or reading in the middle of the night, message comes in, wakes my whole family up.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It makes tons of sense, but only if you have a separate volume track, which Windows Phone does not. Which is still absurd.
It works the way you described in Android too, and works really well--example, I often plug my GS3 into my car when I get into the car, but I'm not always listening to music through it, I'll often flip through the radio. If I got a call and the notification only came through the headphones I'd miss it, but it rings through the speaker, so I hear it.
And it works really well on Android in your scenario too, because it has a separate volume track. You mute the notification ringer, but you can still control the headphone volume. Another thing WP can't do. Urgh.

Jamie T

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Freaking annoying. I thought I was the only one with this issue.
Watching videos or reading in the middle of the night, message comes in, wakes my whole family up.
Yep, what's the point in using headphones if it's just going to play stuff through the speaker anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3