Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I'm listening to music with my headphones plugged in and my Lumia 920 rings, the ringing comes from the main speaker itself rather than the headphones - is there a way I can change this or is this a fault/feature?

Thanks.

Annoying, L900 behaves the same

Thanks. It is pretty annoying. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have just checked and on my phone, the ring tone comes from both: phone's speaker and my in-ear phones. Same story when my bluetooth headset is connected.

I have a Portico update, though, don't remember how it was behaving previously before update but I could have sworn, that it was the same?

I don't have Portico and that's how it's behaving.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    The way I see it, it's better to have the ring come through the main speakers. Otherwise, you'd be complaining that you took your headphones off and didn't hear the ring, missing an important call from Publisher's Clearing House.

Unplug your headphones? Hardly difficult.

The option should be there to turn it off. Last thing I want on a packed train is to have my phone loudly ringing when I'm listening to music. Yes, I could turn it to vibrate each time I play music but that's not really the point.
  8. R42

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    The way I see it, it's better to have the ring come through the main speakers. Otherwise, you'd be complaining that you took your headphones off and didn't hear the ring, missing an important call from Publisher's Clearing House.
    This

I think my iphone behaved the same

I am sometimes leave my headphones plugged in and this saves my life.

iPhone plays through the ear phones if plugged in, and through the speaker if not.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Freaking annoying. I thought I was the only one with this issue.
    Watching videos or reading in the middle of the night, message comes in, wakes my whole family up.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    that is how it works on symbian too.... so do not wait for update...it will be loooong wait :)

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    It makes tons of sense, but only if you have a separate volume track, which Windows Phone does not. Which is still absurd.
    It works the way you described in Android too, and works really well--example, I often plug my GS3 into my car when I get into the car, but I'm not always listening to music through it, I'll often flip through the radio. If I got a call and the notification only came through the headphones I'd miss it, but it rings through the speaker, so I hear it.
    And it works really well on Android in your scenario too, because it has a separate volume track. You mute the notification ringer, but you can still control the headphone volume. Another thing WP can't do. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    Freaking annoying. I thought I was the only one with this issue.
    Watching videos or reading in the middle of the night, message comes in, wakes my whole family up.
    Yep, what's the point in using headphones if it's just going to play stuff through the speaker anyway.