Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kuffcakes

Have any of you noticed what appears to be a "cloud" like layer on top of your screen? It's a bit difficult to explain but you can really tell with white images and the green tiles and if you scroll around. I'm sure that this is not unique to the lumia as I also noticed the same thing on my PC monitor. Although I compared the screen of my Lumia to that of my old Droid Incredible and I didn't notice this, so I'm not sure what is the cause of it.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    It's a built in weather feature. Your screen becomes partly cloudy when it is like that outside.

the only thing i can think of is that its the pureblack or whatever technology. I have the same layer also. I just think it comes with the territory.

or its just the way lcds are.

the more i look at it the more it makes me wonder if its moisture or something. Maybe its just starting to bug me now also. Anyone else have a layer of cloudyness, like your screen has moisture on it you cant get off?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    There was a cloudyness layer on my last 920. I chalked it up to face grease.
    Tafsern likes this.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Cataracts? Maybe time to get the eyes checked? 😉 I haven't noticed anything like that with any of my devices other than the face grease issue. 😁

It's definitely there but like electriclamb said it's probably the nature of the technology. Although it's unfortunate since it's something that is very hard to ignore once you notice it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it though, I was about to go to the store and compare my lumia's screen to other's in order to determine If I got a defective unit.

It's definitely not here.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    I don't have cloudiness
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Quote Originally Posted by ripper9100 View Post
    It's definitely there but like electriclamb said it's probably the nature of the technology. Although it's unfortunate since it's something that is very hard to ignore once you notice it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it though, I was about to go to the store and compare my lumia's screen to other's in order to determine If I got a defective unit.
    well if you do happen to go down to a store let me know, my phone has a raised corner and i was thinking moisture was getting under my screen. So im going to try some things like rice, or just wait for the phoenix summer to come. Pretty sure a summer here in arizona will destroy moisture built up in anything.