- 01-18-2013, 12:07 PM #1
I did a factory reset on my Lumia 920, the good news it restored most of the applications.
- it didn't retain the Alarm settings
- i had merged/deleted contacts some of them came back again.
- It tried installing some apps i had from the store but it had error for some application i tried the retry option some of those works some of them didn't.
The Images,Music and video files were not restored. with earlier OS (Symbian :) I had used the factory reset would leave the video,music,image intact...
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM #4
- 13 Posts
I also would like to know this. This what had been bugging me with wp8 since day one. Its easy to reinstall all the apps you've lost after a factory reset or after flashing rom, but losing all the files which you have downloaded using third apps is a big no no. Shame on you Microsoft. Sorry, I just need to let that go off of my chest LOL
- 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM #6
In the Windows PC if you do a restore windows can restore the OS and patches without touching music/video/data files. same with OS on Fire Symbian S3 on N8 so why not WP8?
on N8 they allocated seperate memory for OS and only that portion of the file system would be over-written... in case WP wants to resolve the issue .
01-30-2013, 09:42 AM #7
- 137 Posts
Don't get me wrong, having the option of a full-fledged backup and to pick & choose what to backup would be nice, but it certainly wouldn't be very "Cloud Friendly". Perhaps you can make the suggestion on the Windows Phone feature request forum. :)
- By dula714 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
- By jensenharris in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2013, 02:10 AM
- By ammarmalik2011 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 17Last Post: 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM
- By wozburger in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
- By geekmaster in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM