- 01-18-2013, 02:06 PM #1
According to a post from a Manager, in the official Nokia Discussion forums a new update will roll out very soon for both Lumia 920 and 820 focusing mostly on performance enchantments.A Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 software update providing performance enhancements for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 has started rolling out over the air. Delivery will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by the end of February. You will receive a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.
Hopefully they have included, at least, a fix for the random restarts / shutdowns that affects many-many-many Lumia devices. Lets hope for the best.
- 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM #3
- 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM #8
Rogers and AT&T variants got the Portico update first on December that time Nokia said the rest of the world will get the update on February and later they said that the global roll-out of Portico may happen some time earlier in January.
For smartphones an OS update is also known or referred as a firmware update.
- 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM #9
Win Phone 8 version 8.0.10211.20 was supposed to be made available to those without AT&T cell service in February, right? I still have version 8.0.9903.10, and when I do Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates, it tells me my phone is up to date. Is there something else I need to do to get the OS update?
Also, my Nokia version is 188.8.131.52, is that current?
- By karu11 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
- By Jazmac in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
- By doublesman3486 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
- By doublesman3486 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
- By Heresy64 in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 3Last Post: 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM