Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

According to a post from a Manager, in the official Nokia Discussion forums a new update will roll out very soon for both Lumia 920 and 820 focusing mostly on performance enchantments.

A Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 software update providing performance enhancements for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 has started rolling out over the air. Delivery will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by the end of February. You will receive a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.

Hopefully they have included, at least, a fix for the random restarts / shutdowns that affects many-many-many Lumia devices. Lets hope for the best.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    This is the portico update.

Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    This is the portico update.

Nothing new here.
    Sure? It was posted there yesterday. Unless he clarify is the Global release of Portico, which got a very detailed post on the Nokia Conversation Blog last month, it looks like completely different update to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
    Hopefully they have included, at least, a fix for the random restarts / shutdowns that affects many-many-many Lumia devices. Lets hope for the best.
    I hope so too, but reading posts in this forum - from people who already received the update - I must say: I am NOT very optimistic!

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
    Sure? It was posted there yesterday. Unless he clarify is the Global release of Portico, which got a very detailed post on the Nokia Conversation Blog last month, it looks like completely different update to me.
    Pretty sure. AT&T and Rogers got it first. Everyone else is getting it now.

Wasn't there supposed to be a re-release of Portico or something? Also, is Portico considered a "Firmware" update or an OS update?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnPauly View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a re-release of Portico or something? Also, is Portico considered a "Firmware" update or an OS update?
    Its an OS update, the Firmware update (Nokia update) is downloaded and installed with it.

Rogers and AT&T variants got the Portico update first on December that time Nokia said the rest of the world will get the update on February and later they said that the global roll-out of Portico may happen some time earlier in January.

For smartphones an OS update is also known or referred as a firmware update.

Win Phone 8 version 8.0.10211.20 was supposed to be made available to those without AT&T cell service in February, right? I still have version 8.0.9903.10, and when I do Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates, it tells me my phone is up to date. Is there something else I need to do to get the OS update?

Also, my Nokia version is 1.8.1.140, is that current?