Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    When I go to School, I turn my phone's WiFi and 4G LTE(AT&T) Off to conserve battery life. When I get back into the bus, I turn on my Data and it never seems to connect to 4G, it just show and "E" beside the connectivity bars, and it sometimes it shows I have no connectivity at all, and then it shows I have 2-3 or even 4 bars, but still an "E" which I suppose is for Edge. I have to turn my phone off and back on for it to connect again, while my friends iPhone 5 gets it 4G LTE back. I mean I shouldn't have to turn my phone off and on every time after I turn my data back on, I don't understand why this is happening..it also sometimes takes ages to connect to WiFi it just shows "Connecting" and doesn't really connect. PLEASE help me, I can't seem figure out what is exactly wrong, all I want to do is turn data off when I want to and get it back when I choose "on" in the settings without having to restart my phone. some answers will be highly appreciated.. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Does it work if you turn on/off airplane mode?

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I haven't tried that, I don't understand, I have never put the phone in Airplane mode..

My 920 is also not great at reconnecting to LTE. Turning airplane mode on/off had been an easy way to force it to connect.
    Thanked by:

It did not work for me. I have to say i live in South Africa and my second 920 had a perfect connection. My first one had at most "H", which i guess is for HSDPA. My third one does not have 4G. Yea I've had 3 devices. First one. I have no idea what to do to get the 4G signal. I have turned on the 4G and have activated Vodacom-LTE and still nothing. Any ideas?