Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ever since an update a few weeks back, every time I took a call the screen would go black, and nothing would happen until the phone got hung up. Then I could get the screen back. Everything else worked ok on the phone.

Seems the proximity sensor may be too sensitive, and there are many suggestions via google on how to fix this the most prominent being spraying air around the top of the phone.

Now this doesn't necessarily help anyone, I'm just reporting it as it seemed a bit strange.

Last night went to bed, phone on 89% charge, this morning phone dead as a doorpost, not even that last choke of power which could warrant a restart for a few minutes. Got to work, plugged it in, turned it on.. Charging fine. First phone call no black screen issues.

I've tried turning on and off again prior to this, that never sorted out the black screen issue, I'm wondering if the complete power drain caused a hard shut down, and just like rebooting a PC doesn't always solve issues but a power down and back up does. Could be the same here..

Hope this might be of help to someone..

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    You're gonna hate me, but I would suggest returning and getting a new unit.
    Sam Sabri
    Managing Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email - sam@wpcentral.com
    Twitter - samsabri
    Instagram - samsabri
    Twitch - GeneralSham
    Xbox Live - GeneralSham

please remove all screen protectors and cases and make sure the area above the N in Nokia is free of dust and obstruction