Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By realwarder

Hi all,
    I'll just note I have no affiliation with the developers , I just want WP to do well!

The best way to support windows phone gaming is to buy games that show off the platform, right... and especially those that are not xbox live games as these are the developers we want to encourage, not just MS supported games that have been out for 6 months elsewhere.

Well, if you haven't checked out Chimpact yet, do so now as it is the best non xbox-live game I've played so far, smooth, fun, amazing high res art!
    And while you're at it, BUY it to give the company some good numbers for our platform, that speaks louder than any positive review can.

The game is also on Windows 8 so exactly the kind of crossover we want to see more of.
    Thanks.
    Rob (Nokia Lumia 920, UK)

Just tried it. Interesting, it's like a cross between Donkey Kong Country and Angry Birds.

The Game is nice..tried it too..and i think should support wp8 more ..it doesnt cost too much ..and it will get more developers to develop if they see money :)

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    This app is also on Windows 8, but I am not interested in playing this on, or purchasing this for, my desktop PC. I actually emailed the developers yesterday to see if they can make a WP7.5 version. I have a Lumia 900 and would gladly support it. I haven't heard back from them yet, but hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Looks fun, but 2 out of 3 posts promoting an app... find it hard to not have connection with these guys.

However, your post worked in that I watched a promo video and will try it on RT. Looks a fun game.
    allos autos likes this.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    I tried it. seems pretty easy.

Does it get any more difficult? If so I would have no problem purchasing it.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Residing View Post
    This app is also on Windows 8, but I am not interested in playing this on, or purchasing this for, my desktop PC. I actually emailed the developers yesterday to see if they can make a WP7.5 version. I have a Lumia 900 and would gladly support it. I haven't heard back from them yet, but hopefully I will hear back from them soon.
    Apologies for not posting this earlier this week...I did hear back from Lorraine at Yippee Entertainment, and she replied to my inquiry regarding WP7.5/7.8:

"Unfortunately we are not able to release Chimpact on WP7 at the present time. On Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Chimpact is implemented as a native C++/DirectX app which currently isn’t supported on Windows Phone 7. We will look into converting this in the future."

So, it seems that perhaps they will first gauge the success of the app on W8/WP8 and/or look into the ease and time needed to convert to WP7, before actually converting to WP7. Oh well, at least I got a reply. I did play the trial on W8 and it looks great, but it is just not a game that I want to play on my desktop.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Graphics and sounds are nice but the game seems pretty easy, atleast the trial was. I see myself getting bored of it pretty quickly.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    Graphics and sounds are nice but the game seems pretty easy, atleast the trial was. I see myself getting bored of it pretty quickly.
    Well this is what I would like to know before I purchase it.

DOES it get harder?

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Gets harder as you go, its only 3 bucks and a very good game. Lets all support these devs that take the time to develop good apps. I get real tired of people complaining of no good apps, but won't spend a buck or two to support good apps. I payed and love the game, also payed for 99 percent of the apps I use. If I use I support! Lets help build WP by supporting our devs.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

anyone facing issue where your progress won't save? i had gone through quite far in GEM quest and then i quit and when i return all the GEMS just disappear and everything is locked back i'll have to replay again... been 3-4 times and i stopped playing already.. anyone having this issue?

by the way i'm using lumia 920

I'm actually looking for more multiplayer turned based games. Like words with friends is alright and we can play nice and casually but it's word game... I'm playing tanks Tanks Game lately and it's been fun so far but they have no pay option :)

I don't usually get much time to sit and play puzzle games like these and I like the competitive nature of multiplayer
    Thanked by:
    devize 

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyng View Post
    I'm actually looking for more multiplayer turned based games. Like words with friends is alright and we can play nice and casually but it's word game... I'm playing tanks Tanks Game lately and it's been fun so far but they have no pay option :)

I don't usually get much time to sit and play puzzle games like these and I like the competitive nature of multiplayer
    Thanks for the tip, I love those kind of games too. Liking tanks so far.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I love those kind of games too. Liking tanks so far.

hey if you want to have a casual no rush game, shoot me a pm with your email and I'll start one unless you want to go first. :) either way, can discuss on pm.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moegumby View Post
    Gets harder as you go, its only 3 bucks and a very good game. Lets all support these devs that take the time to develop good apps. I get real tired of people complaining of no good apps, but won't spend a buck or two to support good apps. I payed and love the game, also payed for 99 percent of the apps I use. If I use I support! Lets help build WP by supporting our devs.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Can anyone else attest to this? The getting harder part that is.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I bought Chimpact for WP8, and will get it for Win 8 too once I get my Surface Pro (not as fun on a non-touch device).

There are several crystals that I can't figure out how to get to so I thing it's getting harder.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I bought my Lumia 920 last tuesday and I've already bought The Path of Kara, Countre Jour, Flight Control Rocket and Where is my Water all for €9. Next one will be Chimpact, already tried the demo and it seems to be a nice game.

I got chimpact and Doom n Destiny. Chimpact gets hard fast, especially the challenge mode. Doom n Destiny is hilarious.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Price drop. It is now 99p on both Windows phone AND Windows.