- 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM #1
I saw at least a handful of different posts or YouTube videos where people said they use the Wii Energizer Wireless charging pad to charge their Nokia Lumia 920.
After seeing all of these reports, I purchased 2 really cheap off eBay ($3 and $15).
When using them, the 920 chimes and the display shows that it is charging.
However, it's not actually charging even after leaving it overnight.. The battery just slowly goes down like it's not charging at all.
This happens on two different Wii Charging pads.
Is this a hardware issue with my phone, or do the 920's not really charge with these charging pads like so many have claimed?
- 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM #2
The Wii charging pads do not work with the phone at all. I used my younger brothers to test it when they phone first came out.. Makes the connection sound, but doesn't charge at all.What if? Venom Possessed Deadpool?
- 01-19-2013, 11:54 PM #3
Thanks, I guess all these reports of it working are people who just tested to see if it looked like it was charging? Then again. I've seen at least one report on this forum of someone who said they use it all the time.
Thanks again, at least someone is getting the same result as I am.
- 01-20-2013, 01:58 AM #5
Traditional wireless charging devices will signal the 920 and cause the chime but they will not charge them. The 920 can only be charged with a Qi charger. Energizer makes Qi chargers. I have 2 and they work great just like my Nokia plate.
Last edited by TenTwelve; 01-20-2013 at 05:04 PM.
- By david90531 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:48 PM
- By Ekin Koc in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM
- By mase123987 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 33Last Post: 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM
- By Markerton in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 16Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
- By mpovolo in forum ZuneReplies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2012, 02:00 AM