L920 Car USB Problem

whrocky5092

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 scion tc, before I switched to my L920 (which i nevver want to get another phone after) I had an IPhone 4. I would use it normally to play music through usb in my car. But when I plug my nokia in, the thing doesnt even charge let alone show up to play music.

Anyone have any idea of why this is? I read that it might be something with the MTP or UMS but I searched on WPCentral and it says that WP8 does have UMS compatibility so where is the issue if anyone could help please

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Forget it. It wont work.

The problem is that lumia920 cannot be seen as a Mass Storage for car audio systems. That is why it says Incompatible Device and it cannt play musics.

And yes, it cannot be charged by your car usb port either.

whrocky5092

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
That's so depressing big stream radio stations on my phone and I have no means of even charging it????? Why can't we get these little things? What is Microsoft afraid of? I really hope someone could put this through to Microsoft and get their attention. I want to enjoy my music ATLEASTBLET ME CHARGE THE DAM THING. my nexus 7 charges for gods sake and its a tablet

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The 920 will charge in my LandRover (using the built-in USB port). I think it largely depends on how much power the car is providing to the USB. This doesn't have todo with the phone. Much like the iPad, the iPad wants a 10w USB which is rare (it will trickle charge with at 5w USB). The Nokia Lumia 920 wants a 10w as well, though it will charge with a 5w.

whrocky5092

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I even tried my nexus 7 tablet I'm the,car,and it works fine. Even plays music. How ridiculous is that? That's my biggest disappointment in this phone and probably the only disappointment besides the YALA app that they haven't fixed for months and me after reporting it to MS everyday.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Out of curiosity, is it different if you unlock your phone before you plug it in? If I unlock my phone, then connect it via USB, my car can read the filesystem on it (I have a an Explorer with Sync), but it will not read it all if the phone is locked.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a power/electric issue as far as charging goes. It works in some cars, and it some cars it does not. Does not work in either of the cars I use. This is not about Microsoft willingly denying you to use your phone in the car. Bluetooth connection works flawlessly though to stream your music.

whrocky5092

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to charge my phone sir......thats the main point here. I have an AUX that kicks BT ass. But I drive about 2 hours to get home from college so its guna gulp up a chunk of my batter that's why I want to charge it.

I actually should check if I unlock it and then plug it in. NEVER CROSSED MY MIND. If this works I will love you and this phone forever.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I want to charge my phone sir......thats the main point here. I have an AUX that kicks BT ass. But I drive about 2 hours to get home from college so its guna gulp up a chunk of my batter that's why I want to charge it.

I actually should check if I unlock it and then plug it in. NEVER CROSSED MY MIND. If this works I will love you and this phone forever.

Also, try the Nokia USB cable. Ive seen cases where some cable wont even charge the phone..not to mention data transfer and etc

whrocky5092

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Tried unlocking my phone and then using the provided charger to plug and play. Car cones up with the same "USB error" on my screen. Sucks for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism