Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I was actually asleep at the time. He had it on the sink apparently after he flushed and bumped it in. So I 'm neither a pisshead or a **** head. Thank God! Had to take out some water from the sim tray though. Other than that my yellow lumia lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    Brings to mind... Remember this commercial

Who'd forget the REALLY?! commercial :D

I did the exact same thing, within the same week I got it. My phone has become my past time, while in the bathroom, and I somehow accidentally knocked it off the sink into the toilet. Like you, I grabbed it out, and expected it to now longer function, but to my surprise it worked as normal and no water seemed to get int the phone itself. So, it wasn't just a fluke. The Nokia 920 is a very well constructed phone. I wiped it down with some alcohol and called it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by 920Walker View Post
    Water? Like from the toilet??
    What for????

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    thcarzttum.jpg

you might have your warranty void though as nokia put a water-sensing chemical paper inside the device and it might already have reacted with the moisture and turned red

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    As long as no one has used the toilet without flushing, the water in the toilet is so clean you can drink it.

Actually, a toilet as a lot more cleaner than a work desk, keyboard, kitchen bench...you name it. Even your urine is drinkable as long as it's fresh and hot. In the old days, when they got hold on a bottle of liquor in the prisons, one person drank it, pissed it out and the next person drank the ****, pissed it out and and so on...since it still contained alcohol.

Somehow people immediately think about germs and **** when they hear the word "toilet", but there are far more scary things you put your hands and face in..all the time, everyday.
    The water in the tank is clean enough to drink. However, flush or not, unless you disinfect the toilet bowl after each use, I would not necessarily consider the water in the bowl to be safe to drink.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Had my brother dropped my 920 in the toilet he would definitely get a taste of my potty mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DReevell View Post
    I recall a guy in the next urinal having a full blown conversation on his mobile whilst taking a leak..! I mean, what was wrong with guy? Was he so important that he couldn't ignore his phone for the 30 seconds it take to have a leak..!
    I like to multitask on the toilet myself :)
    Last edited by Tafsern; 01-21-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Glad it was okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    The water in the tank is clean enough to drink. However, flush or not, unless you disinfect the toilet bowl after each use, I would not necessarily consider the water in the bowl to be safe to drink.
    I agree, although urine will be sterile, the water even after flushing won't be free from bacteria. Bleech will kill it if you had one of those bleech release thing with every flush. But with that much amount of bleech, would you really want to drink that water?

The battle ended in a wash.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Dun dun tisss (drums and cymbal)

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I agree, although urine will be sterile, the water even after flushing won't be free from bacteria. Bleech will kill it if you had one of those bleech release thing with every flush. But with that much amount of bleech, would you really want to drink that water?
    Bacteria that wont make you dead. I'm not saying anyone should drink it, but if the world is going under and that's the only freshwater left in your house...bring your friends and neighbors over for a drink of nice toiletwater :)
    Mystictrust likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    Haha, I remember this ad from 2 years ago! Memories...

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I like to read news articles, Facebook, check my DeviantArt, etc while on the toilet (especially at work where all I have to look at is the stall door). With that said, I'm ALWAYS terrified something like this will happen to me. Glad to know my L920 should come out smelling like roses... er, metaphorically.
    Bacteria that wont make you dead. I'm not saying anyone should drink it, but if the world is going under and that's the only freshwater left in your house...bring your friends and neighbors over for a drink of nice toiletwater :)
    Only one very primary link tells me otherwise - Bacteria Found in Toilet Bowls | eHow.com
    I'm sure science will come and depend this too ;)

Well, science can tell you what a spesific bacteria can do, but drinking from the toilet will not kill you. It doesn't kill dogs, cats, rats or any other animal out there. Half the world drink water that's more dirty than our toiletwater.

Cheers :)

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    I like e.coli on my phone! ;)

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Just disinfect your toilet bowl with pure alcohol until you have 70 volume percent alcohol and 30 percent water, and you'll be fine. I always disinfect with 70 % alcohol in the lab, nothing ever survived.

And drinking your toilet water will much more fun with 70 % alcohol in it!

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I like e.coli on my phone! ;)
    I think many people have them on their phones, everybody who doesn't wash his/her hands very well after going to the toilet ;-)

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boo516 View Post
    Other than that my yellow lumia lives on.
    Was it yellow to begin with?
    Nataku4ca and bawboh86 like this.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Well, science can tell you what a spesific bacteria can do, but drinking from the toilet will not kill you. It doesn't kill dogs, cats, rats or any other animal out there. Half the world drink water that's more dirty than our toiletwater.

Cheers :)
    Well, dogs also eat ****, raw animals, and vomit, but I wouldn't recommend doing that either.
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    So this is the popular topic for today? lol.. I hope nobody starts a threat titled 'WP 8 Users Post Your Poo Poo And Pee Pee Pics'
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Just disinfect your toilet bowl with pure alcohol until you have 70 volume percent alcohol and 30 percent water, and you'll be fine. I always disinfect with 70 % alcohol in the lab, nothing ever survived.

And drinking your toilet water will much more fun with 70 % alcohol in it!

I think many people have them on their phones, everybody who doesn't wash his/her hands very well after going to the toilet ;-)
    What's the total volume of water in the toilet to start with? I doubt adding alcohol to make up 70% will stay in the bowl. Generally the volume is fixed in the bowl, no? It will the keep draining away!

Must be the portico update
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast