- 01-20-2013, 05:00 PM #1
I am thinking of buying a Lumia 920. Obviously there is a lot going for the L920, especially Nokia's commitment. The added weight and smaller screen (compared to the Ativ S) is for the sake of an awesome camera, right? However, the video recording quality seems poor in that the focusing is choppy and the colors change frequently. For example, this video is filmed on a L920, notice how the desk etc change color frequently...very annoying:
A somewhat misleading set of video comparisons a while back on wmpoweruser.com pointed out the inconsistent coloring. Has the update changed this at all? What are your thoughts on this if you own a Lumia 920?
- 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM #4
Hopefully the other comment about the auto-white balance explains why the other video I posted had such annoying color changes. I am very interested in the Lumia 920, but only if the camera really makes it worth it. Otherwise I'd probably get the big AMOLED screen of the Ativ S (I currently use a Focus and I like it a lot)
- 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM #5
01-20-2013, 11:02 PM #6
- 88 Posts
Yes, the color shifting is quite annoying. However, in good uniform light the video quality is outstanding.
The music clip above was edited, made from several recordings, and has all kind of lighting and other effects, so it’s not really a good indication of the quality of the camera.
The unboxing of the Lumias is more what you should expect when shooting indoors under typical lighting conditions.
- By Blacklac in forum HTC TITANReplies: 9Last Post: 12-30-2011, 09:37 PM
- By dlrohm in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
- By btbam91 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
- By wp7master in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM
- By ChumsFuture in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2010, 02:06 AM