Not Getting Xbox "Toast" Notifications

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did some searching, but wasn't able to find a solution. Sorry if this has been talked about, or if I posted this in the wrong area.

I am no longer getting "Toast" notifications from Xbox games (Battleship, etc.). I also play Words With Friends, and the notifications still work with it. I used to get notifications from Xbox games, but it suddenly stopped working. I have checked that notifications are enabled through the Xbox app, and inside the Ringtones + Sounds.

Is there anything I'm missing? Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution?

Thanks!

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I honestly never get Xbox toast notifications, although they do show up in the "notifications" section of the Games hub if I open that.

Strangely, I actually got one today on my Windows 8 PC from Alphajax, but that's the only time that's ever happened.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's so strange. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the game, or something in Windows Phone 8 itself. It's just odd that it was working, then suddenly stopped.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I get it for alpha jac. Check settings in game and Xbox tile. If on and still not, then toggle off and on. See of that works.

I haven't had any issues with notifications with alphajax

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried turning them off and on, and reinstalling the app as well, but still no dice. :(

Know anything else that may be causing it?

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've somewhat determined the problem... It seems that if I go int he Xbox/Games Hub and manually delete the Notifications (after I've played my turn), I will then get "toast" notifications... I never had to do that before, this seems to be a new issue. For me, at least. Anyone else noticed this, or found a way to get it to work.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Strangely, going into the games hub settings and turning off the bottom two options and then turning them back on worked for me.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That actually didn't work for me. However, I did clear the notifications from the Xbox hub (long-press, then deleting them), and I've been getting toast notifications and the proper notifications to show in the hub now too.

Maybe one was hanging it up on there, I'm not sure. I was having to go in the game and check to see if it was my turn, but now they're working properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes